About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in electrical engineering
- Electrical undergraduates
- Electrical graduates
- Workers in the electrical utility industry
What you’ll learn:
- Know what an air insulated substation is
- Understand how to layout a substation
- Understand how to apply electrical clearances inside a substation
- Understand the different types of busbar conductor
- Know the difference between dead tank and live tank circuit breakers
- Understand the different substation configurations that we use.
- Know what creepage distance is
- Know what the basic insulation level (BIL) is
- Know what the switching impulse level (SIL) is
- Understand what the electrical clearances are and how to apply them
- Learn about the different types of clamps that we use in air insulated substations
- Know what metal clad switchgear is and how it is designed
- Learn how to apply maintenance grounding on a typical bay
- Learn about log out tag out procedures
- Know the difference between the various isolator types
- Know the difference between incomers, bus sections and feeders
- Learn about ground switches
- Know what the circuit breaker contact restriking voltage is
- Learn about the different insulating mediums we use in circuit breakers
- Know the difference between switching stations and substations
- Know the differences between the generation, distribution and transmission systems
- Know what a vacuum contact is
- Basic electrical principles
Air insulated substations are the most common type of substation that you will find on the electrical network, due to their cost effectiveness and simplicity.
This course will give you an appreciation of how to design this type of substation and introduce you to all of the equipment that you will find in a typical air insulated substation.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to design an air insulated substation.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about the air insulated substation.
|Section 1 - Introduction And Video Lessons|
|Air Insulated Substation Basics||00:00:00|
|Conductors And Connectors||00:00:00|
|Outdoor Circuit Breakers Part 1||00:00:00|
|Outdoor Circuit Breakers Part 2||00:00:00|
|Downloadable Material: Air Insulated Electrical||00:00:00|