About This Courseintermediate
Music is one of the biggest app categories on Google Play. You have the potential to earn substantial revenue from any music app you create!
Learn the basic concepts, tools, and functions that you will need to build a fully functional Android music streaming app with the programming language, Java. Also learn how to set up your own server and upload music that your app will eventually play.
Things You’ll Learn:
- Android Studio Installation and Setup
- Basic Streaming Functions on Android
- How to Setup a Server (free or paid)
- How to Automate Music File indexing on a Server Using PHP (no PHP experience necessary)
- How to Make an Android App Communicate with a Server
- How to Add Lock Screen Controls
- How to Handle Audio Interruptions like Phone Calls
- How to Create List Views and Custom List View Rows on Android
- Dynamically Add More Data to Your App and Remote Database
- Liking a Track Through Your Remote Database
Powerful Skills at Your Fingertips! By learning to create both Android apps as well as PHP and MYSQL backends you will become incredibly valuable to potential employers. Combining these 2 skills is the number one reason developers get hired for startups. Those startups need this information and are willing to pay for it!
Not only do you learn the ins and outs of streaming music on Android apps but this course includes a MASSIVE bonus. I teach you how to create and setup a fully functional server that does the following:
- Automatically scan for new music uploads and add them to a MYSQL database (with no input required from you)
- Produce PHP files that allow your app to access a backend
Content and Overview:
No knowledge is needed of programming for this course but it helps. If you are a complete beginner then please take simple Java basics course first.
You will be taken on a journey through:
- How to choose between free or paid servers
- How to code a simple streaming function on Android
- How to add advanced audio features to your app
- How to make your app talk to a server (aka – creating a backend)
- How to report app usage statistics to your remote database
This course establishes a strong understanding of music app creation concepts and includes training on Android and Java. It also includes training on MYSQL, PHP and cPanel. Each chapter starts with an introduction and ends with a summary to help you learn even better.
Complete this course and you’ll have skills that are continuously in demand from most businesses. Increase your value by joining now!
Credit: Promo music provided by Ben Sound
- A PC or Mac running Android Studio (free)
- Access to a server (free or paid) running cPanel (most servers run cPanel)
What will I learn?
- Create an Android Music Streaming App
- Create a Fully Functioning Server to Stream any Media They Like
- Understand the CORRECT way to Play Music on Android (vital information)
Who is the target audience?
- Those who have coded a little bit in any language should take this course
- Complete beginners should take a Java course first (even a short one will help)
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to create a Spotify clone app for Android.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about creating a Spotify clone app for Android.
Section 1 - Introduction And Environment Setup
Setup Android Studio And Simulators On A Mac
Setup Android Studio And Simulators On A PC – Windows
Section 2 - Server Setup And Testing
Introduction To Server Setup
Should You Choose A Free Or Paid Server?
Option 1: Setting Up A Free Server
Option 2: Setting Up A Paid Server – Much More Control
How To Upload Your Files To A Server
Create Your Server Database Using cPanel
Create A PHP Script To Add Uploaded Music To The Database: Part 1
Create A PHP Script To Add Uploaded Music To The Database: Part 2
How To Automate A PHP Script Using Cron
Section 3 - A Really Simple Android Music Streaming Function
Introduction To Simple Streaming
Setting Up Our Project In Android Studio
How To Create A Simple Streaming Function In Android
Correct Threading Patterns For Android Streaming Audio
Summary Of Really Simple Android Music Streaming Function
Section 4 - Basic Control Of Media Players On Android
Introduction To Basic Control Of Media Players On Android
Adding A Play Pause Button To Our App
Connecting Up The Streaming Player And The Play Pause Button
How To Toggle the Play Pause Button Icon
Debugging An Android App
Summary Of Basic Control Of Media Players On Android
Section 5 - Background Audio Streaming On Android Using Services
Introduction To Background Audio Streaming On Android Using Services
What Is An Android Service?
Creating An Android Service To Play Music
How To Communicate From A Service To An Activity On Android
How To Communicate Between An Activity And A Service – Binding
Summary Of Background Audio Streaming On Android Using Services
Section 6 - Advanced Audio Streaming Features On Android
Introduction To Advanced Audio Streaming Features On Android
Moving A Service To Foreground: Part 1
Moving A Service To Foreground: Part 2
Moving A Service To Foreground: Part 3
How To Request Audio Focus On Android
How To Respond To Audio Interruptions On Android
How To Handle Earphone Unplugging On Android
Summary Of Advanced Audio Streaming Features on Android
Section 7 - Retrieving A List Of Songs From A Remote Database
Introduction To Retrieving A List Of Songs From A Remote Database
Creating The PHP Access Script To Return Database Results To Our App
How To Make A Web Call To A Database On Android
Creating The Song Class To Hold Retrieved Music
Parsing PHP Results Into A List Of Songs
Summary Of Retrieving A List Of Songs From A Remote Database
Section 8 - Displaying A List Of Songs In A List View On Android
Creating A List View Using Android Layouts
How To Create Custom Rows For Android List Views
How To Populate A List View And Its Custom Row With Data
Starting Music Playback When A List View Item Is Tapped
Section 9 - Adding Extra Functionality To Our Spotify App
Introduction To Adding Extra Functionality To Our Spotify App
Creating A PHP Script To Increment Number Of Plays In Our Database
Keeping Track Of Each Time A Song Is Played
Creating A PHP Script To Like A Track In Our Database
How To Like A Playing Song
Summary Of Adding Extra Functionality To Our Spotify App
Section 10 - Summary
Summary Of Everything You Have Learnt
No Reviews found for this course.