About This CourseBeginner
Hi there, my name is Dan. I’m an Adobe Certified Instructor and I LOVE animating infographics & bringing potentially boring data to life using After Effects.
This course is for beginners. You don’t need any previous knowledge in AFX or any motion graphic experience. We’ll start with the super basics, taking simple icons breathing life into to them with After Effects.
We’ll work on real life projects, connecting Excel into After Effects to transform your boring spreadsheet data into approachable visual information. We’ll experiment with lighting & cameras. We’ll do some fun things with masking, looking at how important sound is in your presentation, all the way through to exporting for YouTube, PowerPoint and all sorts of social media including animated GIFS.
There are projects for you to complete, so you can practice your skills and use these for your portfolio. There is a cheat sheet and I’ve got exercise files so you can play along. I will also save my files as I go through each video so that you can compare yours to mine – handy if something goes wrong.
What are you waiting for? Let’s get making!
What are the requirements?
- You will need a copy of Adobe After Effects, Illustrator & Photoshop CC 2017 or above. 90% of the course will be done in After Effects but a few things are better done in Illustrator & Photoshop. A free trial can be downloaded from Adobe.
- No previous motion graphic skills are needed.
- No previous After Effects, Illustrator or Photoshop skills are needed.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Lectures with well structured content.
- You’ll learn to take Excel spreadsheets and animate this in After Effects.
- You’ll learn how to make animated pie charts, line charts & bar graphs.
- You’ll learn how to create percentage counters.
- You’ll learn how to animate icons making beautiful infographics.
- You’ll learn how to create ‘voice over’ infographics.
- You’ll learn all the animation techniques needed to bring your data to life.
- You will have the finished files so you never fall behind.
- Downloadable exercise files & cheat sheet.
- Techniques used by professional motion graphic designers.
- A wealth of other resources and websites to help your new career path.
Who is the target audience?
- No previous After Effects experience is necessary.
- This course is for people completely new to After Effects. No previous animation or motion graphic design experienced is necessary.
- This is a relaxed, well paced introduction that will enable you to produce an impressive video for your business or organization. Only basic computing skills are necessary – If you can send emails and surf the internet then you will cope well with our course.
- There is a 100% refund if you don’t find this course useful.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to create animated infographic videos and data visualization.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more creating animated infographic videos and data visualization.
Section 1 - Overview
Animated Infographics And Data Visualization Introduction
Exercise Files And Projects
Inspiration For Your Animated Infographics
Section 2 - Animating Infographics
Setting Up Your Software And Project For Data Visualization In After Effects
How To Add Audio And Music To A Infographic In After Effects
How To Add A Solid Background Or Image To Your Infographic
Adding Text And Adobe TypeKit In After Effects
Where To Get Free Icons For Your Animated Infographics
CC Libraries Are Amazing In After Effects – Start Using Them Now
Animating An Infographic Icon In Adobe After Effects
How To Ease Animation In After Effects To Make Them Look Slick
Help, I’m Lost. I Can’t Find My Comp In After Effects
Where To Find Free Sounds And Noises To My Animated Infographic
Creating A Circle Pop Or Circle Burst In After Effects
Section 3 - Techniques For Beautiful Animation
Animation TIP – Motion Blur In After Effects
Animation TIP – Over Shoot In After Effects
Animation TIP – Vignette In After Effects
Animation TIP – Anticipation – Up Before Down – Graph Editor
Animating TIP – Off Set – Two Objects Moving Just After Each Other In After Effects
Animation TIP – Vector Redraw In After Effects
Animating TIP – Puppet Tool In After Effects
Animating TIP – Grouping In After Effects Is Called Precomping
Section 4 - Camera – 1 Node
How To Create And Animate A Camera In After Effects
Section 5 - Preview And Playback
How To Speed Up After Effects Playback And Preview
Section 6 - Icon Build
How To Animate The Lines Of An Icon In After Effects
Section 7 - Color And Backgrounds
How To Add Colors To Your Animated Infographic Video
How To Add Video Backgrounds To Your Infographic Video
Section 8 - Data Visualization
How To Manually Make An Animated Bar Graph In After Effects
How To Use Adobe Illustrator To Create An Moving Bar Graph In After Effects
How To Use Excel To Create An Data Visualization Bar Chart In After Effects
How To Create A Data Visualization Line Graphs Using Adobe After Effects
How To Create An Data Visualization Pie Chart Graph Using Adobe After Effects
How To Make A Number Counter Ticker Thing In Adobe After Effects
How To Create An Animated Flow Chart Infographic
Section 9 - Camera – 2 Node
How To Use A 2 Node Camera To Sweep Across A Data Visualization
Section 10 - Masking
How To Make A Donut Style Pie Chart Animation In After Effects
How To Mask An Image Inside Pie Chart Segments
How To Make An Animated Opacity Percentage Slider In Adobe After Effects
How To Animate An Object Filling Up To Make It Look Like Liquid In After Effects
Section 11 - Real Life Video Infographics
How To Get Line To Follow The Video In Adobe After Effects
Track Motion In After Effects To Follow A Person Like Stranger Than Fiction
Camera Tracking In After Effects Doesn’t Work Well Let Do It Manually
Section 12 - Exporting
Exporting AFX Infographic Video For TV, Websites, Youtube And Social Media
How To Export Data Visualization For Microsoft Powerpoint
How To Export Animated GIF Infographic Animation From After Effects
Section 13 - What Next
Data Visualization And Infographic Project In Adobe After Effects
What To Do Next After Learning Animated Infographic Videos
Cheat Sheet And Shortcuts For After Effects