About This Course
In this course, we look at the Maven build tool which is the number one industry standard currently for creating Java applications. By concentrating on practical hands-on demonstrations, you’ll see first hand how Maven works and from there develop the confidence to be able to use it independently to build your Java projects at home, college or in the workplace.
Whereas many courses will be presentation-style, this course is unique in that it demonstrates concepts “at the command line” with videos that explain what Maven is doing and how it is doing it. In this way, you’ll develop an understanding of the nuts and bolts of the tool and be in a position to develop effectively with it afterwards. This approach also means you’re more likely to be able to more effectively troubleshoot any problems you may encounter by applying this knowledge from first principles.
It’s a beginners course, although has some useful content for those already familiar with Maven. But to get maximum value from the course, you should really be a beginner with the tool. Maybe you’ve started a new job where they use it to build their applications, or you’re learning industry-standard tools to better place you ahead of the competition.
Ultimately, by unlocking the mechanics of how Maven works in front of your eyes, you should be able to better build Java projects with the tool and have fun doing so.
What will you learn:
- An excellent understanding of how Maven works under the hood
- The ability to create and build your own Java projects with Maven
- Understand where to find dependencies (libraries) to use in your projects and how to include them (unlocking and tapping into the huge Java ecosystem of open source libraries and components)
- Understand how Maven describes projects with the Project Object Model
- Appreciate how Maven resolves dependencies
- Be familiar with the build lifecycle and its phases
- Understand simple customization of a build to execute plugins and more
Who is this course for?
- are new to Java technology and/or have a new job in this area and need to understand how Maven works
- an employee who has recently transitioned to using Java and have read about Maven and need to get to grips with it from day one
- a Java developer who has only built applications in an IDE or with another build tool like Ant or Gradle and needs to transition to Maven
- a student who is studying Java and needs to be able to build Java applications with Maven
- a recent graduate who needs to get up and running quickly
- a develops engineer who wants to get an overview of the tool by introduction to the basics
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned to use Maven in building Java applications.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about building simple Java applications with the use of Maven.
|Section 1 - Course Introduction|
|Welcome To The Course||00:00:00|
|Setting Up For Using The Command Line||00:00:00|
|Creating A Maven Project With The Quickstart Archetype||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Installation Basics|
|Section Introduction – Basics||00:00:00|
|Checking If You Have Maven Installed||00:00:00|
|Installing Maven On Windows||00:00:00|
|Installing Maven On Linux||00:00:00|
|Installing Maven On Mac With Sdkman||00:00:00|
|A Quick Tour Of The Maven Installation||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Fundamentals Of Maven|
|Section Introduction – Maven||00:00:00|
|The Structure Of A Maven Project||00:00:00|
|Performing Simple Build Tasks With Maven||00:00:00|
|Maven Invocation Modes||00:00:00|
|The Project Object Model And File||00:00:00|
|The Super Project Object Model and Effective Project Object Model||00:00:00|
|Maven Build Lifecycles And Phases||00:00:00|
|Resolving A Simple Dependency||00:00:00|
|Resolving A Complex Dependency||00:00:00|
|Analyzing Dependencies With Dependency Tree||00:00:00|
|Finding Dependencies In The Maven Central Repository||00:00:00|
|The Maven Local Repo Cache||00:00:00|
|Population Of The Local Maven Repo Cache When Executing A Build||00:00:00|
|The Maven Help Plugin||00:00:00|
|Creating A Web Application Project||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Working With Maven In An IDE|
|Section Introduction – IDE||00:00:00|
|Creating A Maven Project From Scratch In Intellij IDEA||00:00:00|
|Importing And Using A Maven Project In IntelliJ IDEA||00:00:00|
|Creating A Maven Project From Scratch In Eclipse||00:00:00|
|Importing And Using A Maven Project In Eclipse||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Wrapping Up|
|Thank You And Where Next?||00:00:00|