APIs, Social Media Data And Their Real World Applications
This course is designed for those interested to learn the basics of APIs and how you can use it for studying social media data.
About This Courseintermediate
APIs are available on most modern websites and provide an easy way to integrate the websites functionalities into your code. The API that will be focused on is the Twitter API, which will be used to mine tweets about the event.
Social media, especially twitter, is becoming a hot topic among many investors as it’s trends can often predict behavior of the stock market. This course will focus on how Twitter data can be live streamed and will feature a worked example of the Yahoo hack.
What will I learn?
- Contact the Twitter REST API
- Get insights on how rich the information in social media is
- Format requests to contact other REST APIs
- Understand a JSON response
- Be able to get information out of a JSON response
- Understand how to get data from social media and integrate it into code
- Apply their knowledge do stream data live from social media and make effective use of it in their code
What are the requirements?
- Some knowledge in Python or another programming language
Who is the target audience?
- People who are familiar with programming basics
- Any who is interested in using social media data
- People who are looking for new approaches to add to their trading strategies
- Anyone who is interested in uncovering the vast information contained in social media
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned about APIs and how you can use them to study social media data.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about APIs and social media data.
Section 1 - Getting To Know The Twitter API And The Possibilities Of The Data
What Are APIs
Getting Your Twitter Credentials For Authentication
Twitter Time Limitations
A Short Intro To Plotting With Matplotlib-Pyplot
Sending Your First Request To The Twitter API
Dealing With Data In The Response
Getting Tweets From A Specific Time
Getting All Tweets By Moving Backwards In Time
Filtering For English Tweets And Picking Out Keywords
Identifying Relevant Tweets And Keeping Track Of Data
Setting Up For Plotting The Mined Data From Twitter
Adjusting The Maximum Time And Adding Ticks To Our Graph
Analyzing The Relevant Data
Streaming Live Twitter Data And Outlook For The Next Steps
No Reviews found for this course.