About This Course
The therapeutic, creative process of self expression through art, can improve our physical and mental health, as well as our emotional well being.
- It helps us to manage our feelings in a more positive way
- Can give us the confidence to address and resolve issues from the past and present
- Increase self esteem and develop a greater self awareness
Creating art provides an outlet to express yourself freely, which will encourage and promote a healthier, happier life.
You don’t need any previous experience, and the course is suitable for everyone. Please be aware, this course will not qualify you to work as an art therapist.
What does the course cover?
The course curriculum covers a range of topics.
We’ll be looking at how to use various arts and therapy techniques in a range of settings. This includes painting, drawing as well as using music, dance and even drama as a therapeutic tool enabling you to bring healing and harmony to both yourself and to your clients.
We’ll also be looking at how we can utilize the creative process to address specific issues such as authenticity, recovery and mental health, as well as using therapeutic art techniques for the treatment of things such as PTSD, illness and when working with children.
Artistic therapy can be incredibly useful for children who may have experienced bullying or trauma and can provide a safe sanctuary to share their feelings and emotions.
As we progress through the course, we’ll be looking at the interpretation of art and understanding the importance of nonverbal communication, especially when working with clients who have experienced trauma or survived traumatic events.
This Therapeutic Art course is self paced and offers you complete flexibility. Choose to study at a time and place that suits you, safe in the knowledge that help is always at hand.
All of the artwork featured has been specifically created for the course and was donated by volunteer students who undertook the various exercises and activities contained within the lectures. You will amazed and inspired by their creativity!
- The course is suitable for all levels including beginners
- All you need is an open mind and a willingness to engage in the creative process!
What will I learn?
- Use art as a means of self expression
- Help others use the arts to heal and empower themselves
- Help others by supporting them through the arts and the creative process
- Enjoy the benefits that creative art brings to our emotional and physical well being
- Use art as a means of relaxation and to unwind
- Create art as a means for self healing and self discovery
- Use the creative process for pure enjoyment and recreation
- Explore facets of your personality and your clients’ personality using the creative process
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone who enjoys art and being creative
- Those people who would like to work on their self esteem and their self confidence
- People who would like to express themselves better
- People who work in therapeutic settings and would like to use creative techniques to support their clients and groups
- People who want to explore a broader range of therapeutic tools and techniques
- People who may be recovering from trauma or illness
- People who are interested in self healing and self exploration
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to use arts therapy with other people to improve our emotional well being.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about arts therapy for improving one’s emotional well being.
|Section 1 - Arts Therapy: History And Context|
|Artwork Featured In This Course||00:00:00|
|A Short History Of Art As Therapy||00:00:00|
|“Cave Paintings” By Abbey||00:00:00|
|“Cave Paintings” By Christy||00:00:00|
|“Cave Paintings” By Wendy||00:00:00|
|“Cave Paintings” By Rosa||00:00:00|
|Providing A Context For Art In Therapy Today||00:00:00|
|Benefits And Advantages Of Using Art Therapy Techniques||00:00:00|
|Imagery And Dreams “Sheelin”||00:00:00|
|Imagery In Art Therapy “Daniella”||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Developing A Broader Understanding Of Art|
|Therapy Through All The Arts||00:00:00|
|Therapy Through Art||00:00:00|
|Therapy Through Dance||00:00:00|
|“Therapy Through Dance” – Serena||00:00:00|
|Therapy Through Drama||00:00:00|
|Therapy Through Music||00:00:00|
|Arts Therapy Through Music “Michelle”||00:00:00|
|“Therapy Through Music” By Abbey||00:00:00|
|Combining Therapy Approaches||00:00:00|
|Combining Therapy Approaches “Rosa”||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Arts Therapy Techniques In Practice: Part One|
|Part One: Understanding The Ageing Population||00:00:00|
|Part Two: Understanding The Ageing Population||00:00:00|
|“Ageing” By Rhonda||00:00:00|
|Part One: Supporting The Ageing Process With Art Therapy Techniques||00:00:00|
|Part Two: Supporting The Ageing Process With Art Therapy Techniques||00:00:00|
|“Ageing” By Malka||00:00:00|
|Art And Mental Health||00:00:00|
|Art And Mental Health By Julie||00:00:00|
|Color And Color Therapy Perspectives||00:00:00|
|Color And Color Therapy Perspectives “Yvonne”||00:00:00|
|Authenticity, Creativity And Recovery: Part One||00:00:00|
|Authenticity, Creativity And Recovery: Part Two||00:00:00|
|“Authenticity, Creativity And Recovery” By Christy||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Arts Therapy Techniques In Practice: Part Two|
|Stress, Anxiety And Trauma: Part One||00:00:00|
|Stress, Anxiety And Trauma: Part One||00:00:00|
|PTSD: Part One||00:00:00|
|PTSD: Part Two||00:00:00|
|Part One: Working With Children In Different Contexts||00:00:00|
|Part Two: Working With Children In Different Contexts||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Arts Therapy Techniques In Practice: Part Three|
|Avoiding Over Interpretation||00:00:00|
|“Avoiding Over Interpretation” By Christy||00:00:00|
|Part One: Art Therapy Techniques In The Aftermath Of War, Terrorism And Crisis||00:00:00|
|Part Two: Art Therapy Techniques In The Aftermath Of War, Terrorism And Crisis||00:00:00|
|Part One: Understanding And Coming To Terms With Survivors Guilt||00:00:00|
|Part Two: Understanding And Coming To Terms With Survivors Guilt||00:00:00|