About This Course
Today’s DSLR and Mirrorless cameras are fantastic aren’t they? The great thing is… they have an enormous number of features and settings. The problem is…they have an enormous number of features and settings!
And it is a problem, because although there are some real hidden gems amongst all those features, they can seem confusing or intimidating and so a lot of photographers simply ignore or shy away from them (you know who you are!)
This course, aimed at beginner and intermediate photographers, covers DSLR and Mirrorless basic settings, but also explains your camera’s more advanced features and settings. You probably already know about some of these settings but not entirely sure how and when to use them, and there may even be some that you’re not even aware of!
- Watch photos being taken and compared using different settings
- Real life examples filmed in the real world
- Clear, concise and effective photography training that works
- See immediate improvements in your photos
- Easy to follow and understand, with a fun teaching style
- All boring bits removed (well, most of them anyway!)
Here are just some of the topics covered in this course:
- Learn about the Exposure Triangle
- Understand the difference between exposure modes, Aperture / Shutter Speed priority etc..
- Learn when and how to use Exposure Compensation
- Tips for getting tack sharp images of stationary subjects
- Learn about White Balance and how to get better colours
More advanced settings:
- Understand depth-of-field and give your images that wow factor
- When and how to use the Evaluative, Spot and Center Weighted Metering, and which is best?
- How to take sharp images of moving subjects
- Understanding Histograms
- What’s the difference between Full Auto and the ‘P’ mode?
- Understand the advantages of full Manual exposure mode
- Learn about Auto ISO and an exciting new exposure mode.
- RAW vs JPG, which is best, and which one should you be using?
- … and more
Real World Settings:
- Best settings for photographing inside a church or cathedral
- Best settings for natural light portraiture
- Introduction to Landscape Photography / Camera Settings / Neutral Density filters
- 2 Live Landscape photo sessions
- Best settings for landscape photography (walkthrough with advanced landscape photographer Colin Mill)
- Learn the best basic flash settings to use
- When and how to use fill flash?
- Understand your flash max sync speed with this great shutter animation.
- Flash ‘High Speed Sync’, learn how this incredible feature can help you.
Important please note that for completeness, about half a dozen lectures are repeated from the Part I course, mainly the ones on ‘Basic Settings’. This is so that students only taking this course still have access to those videos.
What will I learn?
- This course will give you a greater understanding of your camera’s features and settings.
- This greater understanding will allow you get more consistent exposures, better focusing and improved image quality.
- The real world examples provide best settings in typical scenarios, ensuring great results
What are the requirements?
- This course is specifically aimed at DSLR or Mirrorless cameras users (‘Mirrorless’ are sometimes known as Compact System Cameras – CSC).
- This course is not suitable for owners of compact or bridge type cameras, sorry!!
Who is the target audience?
- Although this course is aimed at both beginner and intermediate photographers, advanced photographers may well benefit by learning about some little known features.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned about the key features in using DSLR or Mirrorless camera.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more on how to be a better photographer.
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|Introduction To The Course||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Basic Settings|
|Exposure Fundamentals: The Exposure Triangle||00:00:00|
|Lens Apertures: Learn About One Of The Most Important Camera Settings||00:00:00|
|The Basics Of Shutter Speed||00:00:00|
|The ISO Setting: What Is It And Just What Is It For?||00:00:00|
|Using Exposure Compensation To Brighten Or Darken Your Subject||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Slightly More Advanced Features And Settings|
|Aperture Vs Shutter Speed Priority, Which Should You Use?||00:00:00|
|Exposure Metering Modes Explained||00:00:00|
|What’s The Difference Between Full Auto And The ‘P’ Mode And Which Is Better?||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Advanced Exposure Techniques|
|Manual Exposure Mode Is Easy And Useful – Don’t Be Scared Of It!||00:00:00|
|Manual And Auto ISO – Introducing A Third Exposure Mode!||00:00:00|
|How Using Histograms Can Help You To Take Better Photos||00:00:00|
|Exposure Bracketing: Difficult Lighting Scenarios And HDR||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Focusing Tips|
|5 Tips For Tack Sharp Focusing When Photographing Stationary Subjects||00:00:00|
|Keep Moving Subjects In Focus Using Continuous Focusing||00:00:00|
|Back Button Focusing With Your DSLR||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Creativity And Real World Scenarios|
|Creative Use Of Shutter Speed Part 1: The Cyclist||00:00:00|
|Creative Use Of Shutter Speed Part 1: Running Water||00:00:00|
|Camera And Lens Settings For Portraits||00:00:00|
|Church Interiors: What Are The Best Exposure Settings To Use?||00:00:00|
|Section 7 - Landscape Photography|
|Introduction To Landscape Photography||00:00:00|
|Landscape Photography Camera Settings||00:00:00|
|Introduction To Full Fader And Graduated Neutral Density Filters||00:00:00|
|Landscape Session 1 – Up High Just Before Sunset||00:00:00|
|Landscape Session 2 – Along The Grand Union Canal||00:00:00|
|Landscape Walkthrough Part 1- With Settings And Explanations||00:00:00|
|Landscape Walkthrough Part 2 – With Settings And Explanations||00:00:00|
|Landscape Walkthrough Part 3 – With Settings And Explanations||00:00:00|
|Section 8 - Image Quality|
|RAW Vs JPG Image Formats: Which One Should You Use?||00:00:00|
|Understand White Balance And Get Better Colors In Your Images||00:00:00|
|Section 9 - Using Flash|
|Basic Camera Settings For Flash Photography||00:00:00|
|Flash Maximum Sync Speed And High Speed Sync||00:00:00|
|Brighten Up Your Portraits With A Little ‘Fill Flash’||00:00:00|
|Section 10 - Supplementary Documents|
|Camera Settings FAQ||00:00:00|
|Some Of My Photos And Their Settings||00:00:00|