This course is designed for those interested to learn the basics of bookkeeping and understanding the mechanics to be able to determine when to use “debit” and “credits” when recording transactions.Read more.
15+ years teaching college and 25+ years coaching business owners brings Ron to the forefront helping students learn using using simple, easy language
Only want this course? Buy this course for
$199 $29 and keep lifetime access.
About This Course
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for both new and established small business owners and managers who may be strong in their own fields but want a better understanding of the basic concepts of tracking their company finances as well as students beginning the journey of learning bookkeeping.
What you’ll learn:
- What’s the difference between debits and credits
- When does each one mean an increase versus a decrease
- How do they relate to assets, liabilities and equity
- Also, how do they relate to income and expenses
- What is a T-Account and how is it used in bookkeeping
- What is an easy way to remember when to use “debit” and use “credit”
- As long as you know how to add and subtract (or can use a calculator!), you’re ready to begin!
Last update – December 2021
Using simple, easy-to-understand discussion, illustrations and note sheets, this focused course with video lessons teaches you the basic understanding of the financial tools “debits” and “credits” along with allowing you to put your learning into practice.
Everyday examples, using common phrases and terms you already know, allows the instructor to break through the confusion and teach the concept and use of the tools on which everything else in bookkeeping and accounting is built. Then as each new concept is introduced, you will have the opportunity to apply those points using a short, customized practice activity. After completing your work, Ron will walk through the steps to allow you to understand what has taken place and identify areas you may need more practice or a better understanding.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned and understand the bookkeeping mechanics
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about understanding the bookkeeping mechanics
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|Meet The Instructor And Resources||00:00:00|
|The Set Up Of The Course||00:00:00|
|Accounting Is A Process||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Let Us Learn Debits And Credits|
|Introduction And Let Us Refresh||00:00:00|
|Finish Up The Refresh||00:00:00|
|Seeing More Double?||00:00:00|
|Bob And The Equation||00:00:00|
|More Equation And Bob||00:00:00|
|T-Accounts And What Is A Debit?||00:00:00|
|Transactions To T-Accounts||00:00:00|
|Footing, Balancing And Trial Balancing||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Accounting Is A Cycle|
|Introduction: The Cycle||00:00:00|
|Interim VS Final||00:00:00|
|What Are Adjustments And Closing?||00:00:00|
|Setting Up The Worksheet||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Adjusting In The Cycle|
|Wrapping The Adjustments||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Closing Up The Cycle|
|Closing? We’re Still In Business||00:00:00|
|What Gets Closed?||00:00:00|
|Revenue, Expenses And Income Summary||00:00:00|
|Closing The Income Summary And Draw||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - So Now What?|
|Let Us Wrap Up||00:00:00|