About This Coursebeginner
Hi! I’m Darren and I will be your online dance teacher. Not to long ago I was a shy introverted kid, who you would probably not even notice was in the room, who didn’t know how to dance… but flash forward to today, I am now dancing, performing and teaching for hundreds of thousands of people around the world.
I have had the great fortune to dance, train and perform with some amazing dance companies such as the Kinjaz, Culture Shock Los Angeles and Kaba Modern and it is my goal to spread all of the knowledge and experience I have uncovered through my 13 years in the Hip Hop industry to new dancers searching to get started.
New Dancer Question – The question I get asked the most by new dancers is how do i get better. My immediate answer is, you need to figure out how to be comfortable dancing in front of people or you won’t keep pursuing dance and therefore never get better. Every great dancer knows that to become comfortable dancing in front of people hinges on these 3 things:
- First is the knowledge of basic fundamental steps and how to execute them with good technique…
- Second is your ability to understand basic rhythm in music and how to move on beat to it…
- And finally the amount of confidence you have in YOURSELF to get out there and show off what you got
So with this in mind… Logic would tell us that the greater knowledge you have of basic techniques and the greater understanding you have of music and the greater confidence you have…The greater dancer you will be… and therein lies the problem because most of the dance classes you have taken (or thought about taking) actually skip over this stuff making it difficult for you to build the confidence you need to become better.
The all to common class reality – think about it…Have you ever been in a class struggling to learn a move they are teaching while self consciously feeling embarrassed thinking that everyone is seeing you struggle. Maybe somehow you managed to copy a move but just can’t put your finger on why you don’t look the same as the instructor and when the music comes on you feel like everyone else knows some secret code to stay on beat and somehow you are left out. This is unfortunately an all to common reality for new dancers. The reason this happens is because most classes fail to break down basic movements to its simplest form in order for you to understand them. This could be because…
- The skill level of dancers is different in most classes…
- There are too many people in the class for the instructor to really focus on you…
- Sadly some amazing dancers just don’t know how to teach which leaves you both lost and confused as to why you don’t look like them
You can agree that this is not how you are going to get better. You need someone who can patiently breakdown a move to its simplest core so you can understand it no matter how long it takes. Someone who can help you understand the music and get you on beat. Someone who teaches you the basics and then gradually guides you to more advanced movements. I want to be that person for you and I have great news… I have created a course that will do all of this for you. Better yet, when you enroll in this course, I will be able to improve your dancing whenever and wherever you want online.
Now, you might be thinking why would you take a course online to learn how to dance? Well I’m glad you asked. The reason why I created an online course is because quite frankly, you and I can agree that sometimes there just are not any dance studios, classes, or instructors near you who provide the type of dance training you need to get better. Sure, you can travel far and wide to find the classes and teachers you need. They are out there, but this becomes very expensive and time consuming. Sure…You could turn to other online tutorials that you can find on YouTube. However, everyone has seen those tutorials that:
- Are likely in no logical order for you to progress from basic to more advance movements (Sorry, you can’t run before you know how to walk)
- Don’t break the move down simply enough for you to understand it
- Never show you how to execute the move to music
- Teach the move incorrectly leading you to practice bad technique and risk getting injured (and worse waste your time)
Sadly, There is no way I could physically reach everyone who needs this course in person and to be honest it would cost a HUGE amount of money to take the amount of private lessons needed with me to learn all of the advanced strategies, tips and techniques I show you in this course. That is why I have created this online course to allow people from around the world access to an experienced teacher who wants to help them every step of the way.
The Benefits Of An Online Course:
So how will you learn and benefit from the course being online? I created a structured course curriculum that will guide you by the hand through basic fundamental movements in a progressive order (basic to advanced movements) just as if we were having a private, one on one lesson together. Everyone knows that it is difficult to learn anything when you are first introduced to it. The beauty of having this course is that:
- You can can learn and master movements at your own pace by returning to any movement lesson as many times as you need
- You can pick up on the small but important details you probably would have missed in a class by being able to skip around each lesson
- You can truly dance like no one is watching you since you can access the course whenever and wherever you want
Every dancer knows that it is easier to dance when no one is there. You can feel stress free learning new moves and build up your confidence to show others whenever you are ready to from the comfort of your home. That’s why you need my course. The amount of information that I have gathered and will teach you, will save you all that time, money and wasted effort you will spend trying to learn from someone who is not qualified or doesn’t understand how to teach you.
Let Me Show You What You Are Getting:
Over the past 13 years I have cultivated the knowledge and experience teaching dancers of all different kinds of backgrounds and skill levels how to dance. I’ve documented what teaching methods work and what methods are just flat out ineffective and created a simple, easy to follow course curriculum that you can easily learn from and apply immediately to your dancing.
The first section of the course will take you through my personal head to toe warm up. Now…I know that doesn’t seem exciting but this is a very important thing that most dance classes, let alone dancers in general miss or rush through. Everyone knows that once you injure yourself, you will be unable to do anything until you recover, which means the longer it will take for you to get better. By doing this warm up, your joints and muscles are ready and primed for your training, which means less chance of you getting injured and being able to continue your training without any delays and advance quicker.
The next section is the “Fundamental Footwork Steps”. This is where you will learn and be guided through every detail on how to execute a footwork step with perfect technique. On top of that, I will show you how the step is done with music at 3 different tempos which means you will be ready for all types of different music regardless of the speed. As an extra bonus, I have provided a number of Drills and Combos in between new movement lessons so you can feel completely confident utilizing each move before taking on the next, more advanced move. Finally, I give you a blueprint on how to combine all of your new moves that you have mastered into a plug and play template to get you started right away.
What are the requirements?
- No previous dance experience needed
- Space to practice and train in
- Determination to train and get better everyday (sorry there is no shortcut to mastering dance)
What will I learn?
- Perform and execute fundamental Footwork steps to music
- Perform steps on beat/on rhythm
- Create basic combinations utilizing fundamental Footwork steps
- Confidently freestyle utilizing fundamental Footwork movements
- Warm up properly for dance/athletic movement
Who is the target audience?
- Students of all ages
- Students who are new to breakdance/dance in general
- Students who are hungry to grow
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned about the basics of dancing, by learning basic footwork.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about beginner’s dance footwork.
Section 1 - Warm Up
Warm Up Reference Guide
Section 2 - Fundamental Footwork Steps
6 Step: Part 1
6 Step: Part 2
6 Step: Part 3
Zulu Spins / Around The Worlds
Creating Your Own Combination
No Reviews found for this course.