About This CourseBeginner
This course has been created to help you create fantastic color schemes for your own home. This course will cover everything you ever wanted to know (and maybe what you didn’t know that you wanted/needed to know!) about color in the world of interior design, including:
- Color theory / color psychology
- How to use the color wheel in a very practical and useful way
- How to use color to create different moods in a room
- How to use color to make your rooms appear larger or smaller than they actually are
- How to mix patterns like a pro
- Learn about beautiful color scheme selections for every room in your home based on various factors
- Learn everything you need to know about paint
We delve deep into the topic of paint, including discussing how many different paint colors you should be using in your home, how to narrow your paint choices, the best white paint colors, how to effectively test out paint colors, and how to transition paint colors from room to room.
This course is a great choice for the novice or aspiring interior designer, or for anyone who is interested in learning more about how to create beautiful interior design color schemes like a pro.
- If you are interested in taking most or all of my courses, I have a recommended order in which to watch them (although it’s certainly not required). I would start with “How to Design a Room in 10 Easy Steps” because most of my other courses are in-depth classes of the concepts touched on in this 10 step class. Following the 10 Step Course, I suggest moving on to “How to Use Color Like a Pro”, followed by “How to Work with Interior Design Styles Like a Pro”, then “How to Use Lighting Design to Transform your Home”, and finally “Design is in the Details”. My other two courses, “How to Use Minimalist Interior Design to Live your Best Life” and “Use Eco-friendly, Sustainable Design to Green your Home” are both stand alone classes on specialty topics within interior design, and therefore, can be taken in any order.
- Please be aware that this course, or any of my courses, is not intended to provide all of the knowledge needed to become a professional interior designer. As with any professional field, there is a significant amount of education and/or experience that is needed to achieve competency in this field. My intention with these courses is to provide some solid foundational knowledge to assist either those individuals interested in “DIY” interior design to work on their own projects more effectively, or to provide supplemental education to both interior design students and professionals.
Who this course is for:
- This is best suited for individuals with minimal to moderate knowledge of interior design.
- This course is for anyone who wants to learn how to use color effectively in interior design to accomplish any or all of the following goals: create a certain mood or effect in a space through color, find the right color scheme for a particular room, and choose the right paint color every time.
- This course would also be a great choice for anyone who is new to the interior design field and would like more in depth information on color.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned about color schemes.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about the color schemes.
Section 1 - Welcome And Introduction
Overview Of The Course Content
Easy Paint Hack To Take Any Room To The Next Level
Section 2 - Color Background: Basic Theory, Psychology And Using The Color Wheel
Basic Color Theory
Use The Color Wheel In A Very Practical And Useful Way
Use The Psychology Of Color
Activity 2 – Create Your Own Color Schemes
Section 3 - Popular Color Schemes
Popular Color Schemes For North And South Facing Rooms
Popular Color Schemes For Different Interior Design Styles
Popular Color Schemes For Different Types Of Rooms
Activity 3 – Create A Whole House Color Scheme
Section 4 - Using Color For Mood And Effect
Use Color To Create A Certain Mood In A Room
Use Color To Make A Space Appear Smaller Or Larger
Use Texture To Change Color And How To Mix Patterns Effectively
Activity 4 – Solve 2 Design Dilemmas
Pulling it all Together
Section 5 - All About Paint
How Many Paint Colors Should You Have In Your Home?
Narrow Down Your Paint Color Choices Or Which Paint Sheens To Use
Best White Paint Colors
Effectively Test Our Paint Colors Out Before You Start
Transition Paint Colors In Your Home Like A Pro
Section 6 - Conclusion
No Reviews found for this course.