Learn Atlassian’s Confluence in just 2 hours with our brand new Crash Course for 2023. Master the popular collaboration tool quickly and easily.Read more.
Noah is a systems engineer with experience across software development, design engineering and systems engineering. Noah's courses are shaped by his roles in product development and project management across several industries, and in companies ranging from start-ups to multi-nationals. Noah is also a director for a UK theatre company for which he provides technical consultancy, as well as a freelance music producer: writing, recording and producing music in his spare time
Only want this course? Buy this course for
$199 $29 and keep lifetime access.
About This Course
Who this course is for:
- The course will benefit those looking to rapidly get to grips with the core functions of Confluence in 2023.
- Designed for complete beginners, existing users, and Confluence administrators. With a different starting point for each, you can jump straight in at your level.
- The course is particularly suited for those who learn best by applying knowledge to real-world examples. Experience Confluence for a range of different business functions (e.g., Operations, HR, Projects, and IT).
What you’ll learn:
- Master the basics of Confluence in as little as 2 hours
- Learn the latest features and interface, completely updated for 2023
- Tailor your learning to your experience level: choose from complete beginner, existing user, or Confluence administrator
- Practice with case study examples inspired by realistic scenarios
- Includes additional content on how to use Confluence for mobile
- Includes an optional section on the application Draw.io for creating authentic diagrams to visualise ideas with ease
- No previous experience with Confluence is required. The modular structure of the course means it is suitable for users of all levels.
- To follow along with the examples, you may wish to set up a free Confluence site.
Imagine an organisation in which the collective knowledge, learning, and experience of all its people are available at everyone’s fingertips at any moment. Welcome to Confluence.
In the 2023 Confluence Crash Course, you will learn how to harness Confluence to boost your productivity, resulting in more effective collaboration, less time-wasting admin, and an end to information loss. In as little as 2 hours, you will get up to scratch with Confluence and start to understand the ways it can help you in your day-to-day work in 2023.
In this course, we will use a fictional case study company to explore the functionality and applications of Confluence in different business functions, including Operations, HR, Projects, and IT. By switching between each of these functions, you will see how Confluence works collaboratively between team members and get an understanding of the different functionality available for different user levels (e.g., guests, users, admins, etc.). All the examples used in this course are inspired by real-world use cases.
With 5 distinct sections and 3 different starting points depending on your experience level, you will rapidly get up to speed with:
1) An introduction to Confluence
Including: what is Confluence, how to use this course, and an introduction to the case study
2) Confluence Fundamentals – for complete beginners
Including: creating your site, spaces and pages, the interface, page operations, formatting basics, using templates, and permissions.
By the end of this section, you will be able to use Confluence to create, edit and manage pages.
3) Intermediate Confluence – for existing users
Including: collaborative editing, macros, importing pages from Word documents, embedding content, tasks, actions, labels, decisions, comments, notifications, exporting pages, and Confluence for mobile.
By the end of this section, you will have mastered how to use Confluence collaboratively with your team and will be able to make well-structured, content rich pages using macros (dynamic page elements).
4) Advanced Confluence – for administrators (Space Admins, Product Admins, Org Admins)
Including: types of users, page history, embedding live editable documents, editing templates, creating new templates, managing labels, space settings, global settings, managing apps, the Atlassian administration dashboard, and user access management.
By the end of this section, you will have an in-depth understanding of the permissions structure within Confluence and will be able to manage spaces, products, and organizations. This will be particularly useful if you are looking to set up a new Confluence site or are being asked to become an admin for your existing company’s site. It will also be valuable if you are looking to use Confluence for personal projects or simply want to have an understanding of the processes for administrators so you can best work with your own admins.
5) Draw. io – an app that adds powerful diagrams to Confluence
Including: what Draw.io is, installing the app, speedy diagrams, sketching, using templates, and importing and exporting diagrams.
By the end of this section, you’ll be able to create powerful diagrams in order to visualise ideas with ease. Sometimes a picture really does say a thousand words!
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have mastered all of the core functionality and use cases of Confluence and will be confident using the application within your day-to-day. You will likely become the go-to person for Confluence within your organisation!
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today!
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|How To Use This Course||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Confluence Fundamentals|
|Section 2 Overview||00:00:00|
|(Optional) Creating Your Confluence Site||00:00:00|
|Spaces And Pages Explanation||00:00:00|
|Page Operations Pt1||00:00:00|
|Page Operations Pt2||00:00:00|
|Intro To Permissions||00:00:00|
|Section 2 Recap||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Intermediate Confluence|
|Section 3 Overview||00:00:00|
|Macros: Table Of Contents||00:00:00|
|Macros: Embedding Content||00:00:00|
|Importing Pages From Word Documents||00:00:00|
|Expand, Code Snippet, Quote||00:00:00|
|Macros: Road Map Planner||00:00:00|
|Assigning Tasks And Actions||00:00:00|
|Notification Email Settings||00:00:00|
|Confluence For Mobile||00:00:00|
|Section 3 Recap||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Advanced Confluence (For Administrators)|
|Section 4 Overview||00:00:00|
|Types Of Confluence User||00:00:00|
|Page History (Compare Versions)||00:00:00|
|Embedding Live Editable Documents||00:00:00|
|Creating New Templates||00:00:00|
|Atlassian Administration Overview||00:00:00|
|User Access Management||00:00:00|
|Section 4 Recap||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Draw.io|
|Section 5 Overview||00:00:00|
|Installing The App||00:00:00|
|Importing And Exporting Diagrams||00:00:00|
|Section 5 Recap||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Bonus Lecture|