About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Any artist wanting to improve their drawing or painting skills
- Any artist wanting to create more dynamic and believable drawings or paintings
- Any student preparing for a career in the arts
What you’ll learn:
- How to craft compelling contour drawings
- How to use overlaps and inner contours to create the illusion of volume in drawings
- How to draw using cross contour lines that describe the topography of a subject in great detail
- How to use atmospheric perspective to give drawings a sense of great depth
- How to use foreshortening in your drawings
- Some drawing experience recommended. If you’re a true beginner, try The Art And Science of Drawing: Basic Skills.
Here in the sixth part of The Art And Science of Drawing series, you’ll learn to describe complex, volumetric form using three kinds of contour lines. First, you’ll learn to craft a detailed outside contour. Next, you’ll learn to draw inner contours and overlaps that will describe any subject with great depth. Finally, you’ll learn to draw using cross contour lines to create the illusion of dramatic volume and deep space. By the end of this course, you’ll understand how to combine different kinds of contour lines to draw any form. You’ll even be introduced to foreshortening, one of the most sought after drawing skills.
The Art And Science of Drawing is a remarkable new program that will teach you how to draw one day at a time. The program is simple – each day you’ll watch one video lesson that will introduce an essential drawing skill, and then do the recommended practice. The Art And Science of Drawing is overflowing with powerful insights into the drawing process and offers some of the clearest, most accessible drawing instruction available. Many of the tools and techniques you’ll learn here are rarely seen outside of private art academies.
This course is the sixth installment of an 8-part series. If you’re a beginner, we recommend going through the entire series in the following order:
- Basic Skills
- Dynamic Mark Making
- Form And Space
- Measuring And Proportion
- Shading Fundamentals
- Shading: Beyond the Basics
If you’ve got some drawing experience, feel free to mix and match The Art And Science of Drawing courses to suit your personal needs as an artist!
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned about expressing contours
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about drawing.
|Section 1 - Introduction|