About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning about the history of finance and why modern-day economics developed the way it did.
- Those curious to learn about the fascinating ways people made and lost a lot of money.
- Anyone interested in Finance, Economics, or Financial theory.
What you’ll learn:
- Understand the purpose of financial and capital markets
- Realize the importance of intellectual property protection and how it determines technological innovation
- Learn market efficiency and risk
- Irrespective of political ideology, understand how government can help or hinder an economy
- Use payoff diagrams to estimate the potential profit of option strategies
- Recognize company incentives to acquire or merge with other companies
- Understand hostile takeovers, leveraged buyouts and defense tactics against hostile takeovers
- Explain what happened during the 2008 U.S. financial housing collapse
- No previous knowledge is required to take this course.
This course will take you on a journey to where finance came from. It describes how financial theories were developed, how ideological and government experiments shaped economies, and the rise and fall of financial markets. It discusses influential thinkers who shaped society, crazy scams that worked (for a while), and demystifies financial concepts into simple ideas everyone can understand.
By the end of this course, you’ll be able to talk fluently about key financial concepts, unpack financial stories in the news, and recognize financial ideas as they show up in everyday life.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned the history of corporate finance and its impact on today’s economy.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about the history of corporate finance in a nutshell.
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|Section 2 - History Of Finance|
|Financial And Capital Markets||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - The Importance Of Intellectual Property Protection|
|The Importance Of Intellectual Property Protection||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Role Of Government In Financial Markets|
|Role Of Government In Financial Markets||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Market Efficiency And Market Crashes|
|Market Efficiency And Market Crashes||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Risk And Diversification|
|Risk And Diversification||00:00:00|
|Section 7 - Option Strategy Basics|
|Shorting Call Options||00:00:00|
|Shorting Put Options||00:00:00|
|Section 8 - Mergers And Acquisitions|
|Mergers And Acquisitions||00:00:00|
|Required Reading On Bonds Prior To Following Lectures||00:00:00|
|Takeovers, Leveraged Buyouts And Defense Tactics||00:00:00|
|Section 9 - 2008 U.S. Financial Housing Collapse|
|2008 U.S. Financial Housing Collapse||00:00:00|
|Section 10 - Conclusion|