About This Course
Who this course is for:
- This course is for first time Learners, Students, Health Workers, HR Executives, Parents, Community Workers, and those interested to know about DBT, its benefits and process to transform people’s lives.
- This course is not for Professionals, Teachers and those already in the field of DBT.
What you’ll learn:
- You will learn practical DBT based tools and techniques that can be used for treating trauma and other mental disorders
- Concepts of Dialectics and Behavior Therapy, purpose of DBT, its history, its uniqueness and importance, what is Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) and Bipolar Disorder (BD), types of therapies, treatment of other mental disorders, how it works, pros and cons of DBT, its uses and effectiveness, difference between CBT and DBT.
- DBT methods for treatment of BPD and PTSD, how DBT is designed for treatment of PTSD, its symptoms, how it helps reduce trauma related anxieties, how DBT works with CBT and Prolonged Exposure Therapy (PET), and Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR)
- Mindfulness and Treatment of Trauma
- Treatment of Trauma using Distress Tolerance
- Treatment of Trauma using Emotion Regulation
- Interpersonal Effectiveness
- No prior knowledge of DBT is required to enroll in this course
Various studies indicate that one in four people in the world will be affected by mental or neurological disorders at some point in their lives. Around 450 million people currently suffer from such conditions, placing mental disorders among the leading causes of ill-health and disability worldwide.
In terms of quality years of life lost due to disability or death, China is ranked on top in the world followed by India and the USA. As per WHO, certain mental disorders like Anxiety Disorders, including panic disorder, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), Phobias, Depression, Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD), Bipolar Disorder (BD), and other mood disorders, Eating Disorders, Personality Disorders, Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) have been on the rise worldwide, especially due to #Covid19. Treatments are available, but nearly two-thirds of people with a known mental disorder never seek help from a health professional due to unawareness and social stigma. It is therefore important to spread awareness of the mental disease and prevent its aggravation through timely intervention.
DBT or Dialectical Behaviour Therapy is a specialized, useful, and time tested method to treat various trauma-related mental disorders. It works exceedingly well in Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, Panic Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, Bipolar Disorder, Depression, etc. DBT incorporates a philosophical process called dialectics. Dialectics is based on the concept that everything is composed of opposites and that change occurs when there is a “dialogue” between opposing forces. It is also useful to treat people experiencing difficulty with emotional regulation or are exhibiting self-destructive behaviours and having thoughts of suicide.
This course attempts to make you learn the basic DBT concepts and techniques and apply them to help people in their work environment, neighbourhood, and family to overcome the ill effects of mental disorders. It is a beginner level course where you can easily grasp the concepts and the methodologies in simple steps. The teaching style is simple and easy so that the students can easily grasp and digest the subject. The instructor makes the students grasp the key concepts step by step and guide them to complex areas of learning.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned DBT techniques to treat trauma and other mental disorders.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about DBT.
|Section 1 - Course Outline By Instructor|
|Course Outline By Instructor||00:00:00|
|Downloadable Course Resources||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Introduction To DBT|
|Introduction To DBT||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Distinction Between CBT And DBT|
|Distinction Between CBT And DBT||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - DBT And Treatment Of Trauma|
|DBT And Treatment Of Trauma||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - DBT Skill Modules|
|DBT Skill Modules||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Mindfulness - Treatment Of Trauma|
|Mindfulness – Treatment Of Trauma||00:00:00|
|Section 7 - Distress Tolerance - Treatment Of Trauma|
|Distress Tolerance – Treatment Of Trauma||00:00:00|
|Section 8 - Emotion Regulation - Treatment Of Trauma|
|Emotion Regulation – Treatment Of Trauma||00:00:00|
|Section 9 - Interpersonal Effectiveness - Treatment Of Trauma|
|Interpersonal Effectiveness – Treatment Of Trauma||00:00:00|