About This Course
Electrical utilities around the world generate and transmit electrical energy that we all use for our everyday lives. This course starts off covering some basic subjects which are needed so that you can understand how the electrical power equipments are designed, operated and installed.
We then go on to study all of the main equipments that go into an electrical power system, before finally seeing how the power network itself is designed and operated.
The course consists of the following sections:
- Conductors And Insulators
- Circuit Breakers
- Network Design
- Low Voltage Systems
- Electrical Cables
- Overhead Lines
At the end of the course you will understand all of the main elements within a power utilities network and understand how they operate together as one seamless system.
What are the requirements?
- Completion of the electrical power engineering principles course
- You should be familiar with basic electrical knowledge of voltage, current & power
What will I learn?
- Understand why the electrical power network looks the way it does
- Know all about the equipment used in the power network
- Be able to design a basic electrical power network
- Understand electrical clearances and how they are used to design equipments
- Know how to calculate output voltages and currents using the transformer turns ratio
- Know how electrical discrimination works and how it clears the fault by keeping the healthy electrical system connected
- Know the difference between insulators and conductors
- Understand how the circuit breaker types change as the voltages and currents increase
- Understand how a transmission overhead line is designed using electrical clearances
- Know how electrical power cables are designed, constructed and installed
- Understand how the low voltage system in a house is connected
- Identify the difference between grounded and ungrounded systems
- Know the difference between touch potentials and step potentials
Who is the target audience?
- This course is suitable for anyone interested in learning about the electrical power networks that are used throughout the world
- Electrical engineering graduates who are interested in getting some practical experience on how an electrical power network operates
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned about electrical power equipments and networks.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about electrical power equipment.
|Section 1 - Electrical Power Equipment|
|Conductors And Insulators||00:00:00|
|Low Voltage Systems||00:00:00|
|Electrical Power Equipment – Resources||00:00:00|