About This Course
The course is presented in four parts.
First, the course introduces a business case of a financial model that allegedly “did it all wrong.” The model requires over 30 steps and over 1 hour just to report on a simple 1-measure report. This becomes a great candidate for this Model Makeover course.
Next, the course lists what makes a model great and how to achieve them:
Third, we illustrate the full skills of building the fully overhauled model that would only take 1 minute to generate the report with only 2 steps. The whole process includes:
- Data sourcing
- Data processing
- Report generating
- Automating, and
Last, the course evaluates the newly built model to determine how well it meets the requirements of a great Excel model.
Prerequisites and Advanced Preparation
- Basic Excel and Power Query knowledge. Example: be able to open one Excel file and connect to external data files, etc.
- Recommended prerequisite: Power Query Part 1: Ultimate Data Transformation
- Master the full skills of designing, implementing and evaluating a financial model
- Recognize 3 elements to make a great financial model
- Build a dynamic connection to data files through Power Query
- Control the financial model with pre-defined parameters in Power Query
- Distinguish methods to append a new table to the bottom, as rows, or to the right, as columns.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned model makeover in Excel.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about reducing preparation time in Excel modeling.
|Section 1 - Introduction And Overview|
|Recap – Excel Model That Did It All Wrong||00:00:00|
|Comparison With Other Courses||00:00:00|
|What You Get From This Course||00:00:00|
|Downloadable – Exercises||00:00:00|
|Downloadable – Sample Files||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Preparation|
|What It Takes To Prepare A DSO File||00:00:00|
|Old Model Flow||00:00:00|
|Business Case Recap: How To Calculate A 5-Week DSO||00:00:00|
|What Makes A Great Model||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Design, Implement And Test A Financial Model|
|Overview: Design, Implement And Test A Financial Model||00:00:00|
|Period Range For Revenues||00:00:00|
|Number Of Weeks||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Course Takeaways|