About This Course
The course is presented in four parts.
First, brief introduction to what is Excel modeling and how to make an Excel model great:
Second part brings a not-so-great Excel model as a business case, and introduces a financial report that is supposed to calculate the DSO – Days Sales Outstanding measure. By examination, this course demonstrates to the audience 10 Don’ts in Excel modeling, including:
- Do not copy/paste data multiple files and stack them up
- Do not leave comparable data in different columns
- Do not process data “one at a time”
Third, we demonstrate how to correct the problems and bring up the list of the 10 Dos, including:
- Connect or link to source data rather than copy and paste.
- Keep comparable data in the same column
- Keep related data processing in “one” table!
Last, the course culminates in summarizing the 10 Dos and Don’ts into 4 categories:
- Data source
- Data transformation
Prerequisites and Advanced Preparation
- Basic Excel and Power Query knowledge – Example: be able to open one Excel file and connect to external data files, etc.
- Recommended prerequisite: Power Query – Part 1: Ultimate Data Transformation
- Establish instant connection to multiple data sources rather than copy/paste and stack-up
- Structure a table with related data in 1 column for easy pivoting
- Build uniform formulas in Excel models to avoid errors
- Recognize effective ways of keeping source data, entry data, and formulas all separate in models
- Understand how Power Query can help prevent dragging processed data from table to table
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned Excel modeling.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about the Dos and Don’ts in Excel modeling.
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|Comparison With Other Courses||00:00:00|
|What You Get From This Course||00:00:00|
|Downloadables – Exercises||00:00:00|
|Downloadables – Reports To Consolidate||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Excel Modeling|
|What Is Excel Modeling||00:00:00|
|What Makes A Great Model||00:00:00|
|How To Calculate A Daily Sales Outstanding||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - The 10 Do's And Don'ts|
|Section 4 - Takeaways|