About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Any artist wanting to improve their drawing or painting skills
- Any artist wanting to create more dynamic and believable drawings or paintings
- Any student preparing for a career in the arts
What you’ll learn:
- How to draw the foundational volumes, spheres, cylinders and cubes, in any orientation in space
- How to break any form down into basic volumes and in doing so, understand how to draw them 3-Dimensionally
- How to draw objects properly in perspective
- How to produce drawings that give the illusion of 3-Dimensional objects occupying deep space
- Some drawing experience recommended, but not required. If you’re a true beginner, try The Art and Science of Drawing: Basic Skills.
Here, in parts three and four of The Art and Science of Drawing series, you’ll learn to do drawings that give the illusion of 3-Dimensional objects occupying deep space.
You’ll start by learning how to draw the sphere, the cylinder and the cube, the foundational shapes that all other forms, no matter how complex, are constructed from. Next, you’ll learn to combine and manipulate these forms to draw any form observable or imaginable. You’ll even get an introduction to linear perspective! Never again will your drawings appear flat and lifeless on the page.
This is the perfect course for painters who want to add depth to their work and the perfect primer for figure drawing. Learning how to think and draw in terms of volume is what makes the difference between good artists and great artists.
This course contains the third and fourth installments of an 8-part series. If you’re a beginner, we recommend going through the entire series in the following order:
- Basic Skills
- Dynamic Mark Making
- Form And Space
- Measuring And Proportion
- Shading Fundamentals
- Shading: Beyond the Basics
If you’ve got some drawing experience, feel free to mix and match The Art and Science of Drawing courses to suit your personal needs as an artist!
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned about form and space.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about drawing.
|Section 1 - Week Three: Form And Space - Part A|
|Week 3 Day 1: The Sphere||00:00:00|
|Week 3 Day 2: The Cylinder||00:00:00|
|Week 3 Day 3: The Cub||00:00:00|
|Week 3 Day 4: Observing Objects||00:00:00|
|Week 3 Day 5: A Simple Still Life||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Week Four: Form And Space - Part B|
|Week 4 Day 1: Compound Form||00:00:00|
|Week 4 Day 2: Organic Form||00:00:00|
|Week 4 Day 3: Beyond The Box||00:00:00|
|Week 4 Day 4: Rims And Handles||00:00:00|
|Week 4 Day 5: Volumetric Still Life||00:00:00|