Learn the fundamental principles of Carbon Accounting in less than 1 hour.Read more.
I am a visiting business school Professor in Korea, and corporate trainer. My areas of expertise are Strategy, Entrepreneurship and Project Management
Only want this course? Buy this course for
$199 $29 and keep lifetime access.
About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Anyone with an interest in sustainability
- Anyone who wants to be familiar with carbon accounting
- Students, managers, professionals
What you’ll learn:
- Understand the “birth” of Carbon Accounting
- Understand the basic principles of Carbon Accounting
- Understand the territory approach
- Understand the carbon footprint approach
- Understand what the cost of a tonne of carbon is
- No prerequisites are needed. An open mind and interest in sustainability is sufficient.
Carbon accounting is important to your business for a number of reasons. No longer just a ‘nice-to-have,’ accounting for greenhouse gas emissions is an increasing industry-standard requirement for many businesses.
Businesses that are leading the way in fighting the adverse effects of climate change have a few things in common. One fundamental element they have in common is their use of carbon accounting tools to make better decisions concerning their carbon strategy while steering them away from choices that have a lesser potential impact on achieving their carbon reduction goals.
Corporations are increasingly turning to carbon accounting and internal carbon pricing, with new research from the CDP revealing nearly half the world’s largest companies have internal carbon fees.
As corporations strive to become carbon neutral while accurately reporting on their carbon reduction efforts, what exactly is carbon accounting, and why should your business care about it?
In this course, we cover the fundamentals of carbon accounting and why it’s important to you.
Carbon accounting not only provides the insight needed to quantify and measure your company’s carbon emissions, but it also assists you in making informed decisions when it comes to your carbon and mitigation strategies.
- What is the total amount of carbon being emitted?
- What part of the business or value chain is responsible for these emissions?
- Where do the most significant carbon reduction opportunities exist within your various business units and value chain?
What will you learn?
The key concepts and fundamentals of carbon accounting. We cover the fundamental topics split into sessions between 4 and 7 minutes.
- The birth of Carbon Accounting
- The basic principles of carbon accounting
- Official inventories: the territory-based approach
- Voluntary inventories: the “footprint” approach
- Monetary inventories: what IS the cost of a tonne of CO2?
Why take this course?
- You will learn the fundamentals of carbon accounting.
- You will be able to speak about Carbon accounting with confidence.
- You will understand the different terminology and definitions
- You will learn from an experienced sustainability consultant and educator
- It’s short, effective, and practical – It’s been developed from the ground up with a focus on quality.
How will this help you?
- You will prepare yourself and your organisation for a transition to net zero
- You will go prepared for a job that requires knowledge of sustainability.
- You will feel more confident about carbon accounting and how to apply it.
Who is behind this course?
I am the Managing Director of a green building consultancy in Malaysia, and a LEED AP, WELL AP. Before that, I was a university teacher (Yonsei University Korea), Project Manager, and entrepreneur, and I enjoy teaching. I have an MBA from London Business School. I enjoy creating courses.
What other students wrote about me:
“Hans was my professor in strategic management and entrepreneurship in Yonsei University, in Seoul. Attending these courses enabled me to find a job in this field. Hans has great teaching skills and a valuable experience that he delivers very well to his students. He could bring us to adopt a strategic way of thinking with multiple perspectives. Besides, Hans is very responsive and always willing to help. I really recommend him.. -Solene Moitry “
“Hans was my professor of “Entrepreneurship and Strategy” during one semester this year. I have to say that this class was one of the best I ever had. Indeed, the content was very interesting and Hans made it even better. He explained us things with well known examples and very interesting shows. Moreover, he always knew how to make the class lively and dynamic by pushing people to express what they thought. I also really liked the way Hans structured the class throughout the semester and I think that it the best way to learn how to become an entrepreneur! -Arnaud Girard”
“I cannot recommend Hans enough! He was an amazing lecturer during my time at Yonsei University. He taught was able to project his knowledge in such an interesting way, which made the learning experience enjoyable. Prior to this class I had no background knowledge of anything business related. Hence, It is amazing that after his short three week class, I have learnt so much. Hans is definitely one of the best lecturers I have ever encountered, if not, the best. – Elizabeth Nguyen”
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned the birth and basic principles of carbon accounting.
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today!
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|About This Course||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - The Birth Of Carbon Accounting|
|Sword Of Damocles||00:00:00|
|The Impact And The Convention Of Parties (COP)||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - The Basic Principles Of Carbon Accounting|
|The Principles Of Carbon Accounting Part 1||00:00:00|
|The Principles Of Carbon Accounting Part 2||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Official Inventories: The Territory Based Approach|
|The Territory Approach||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Voluntary Inventories: The "Footprint" Approach|
|The Footprint Approach||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Monetary Inventories: What Is The Cost Of A Tonne Of CO2?|
|What Is The Cost Of A Tonne Of CO2||00:00:00|
|Section 7 - Carbon Offsets|
|Carbon Offsets1 Web||00:00:00|
|Carbon Offsets2 Web||00:00:00|
|Carbon Offsets3 Web||00:00:00|
|Section 8 - Closing Thoughts|