About This Coursebeginner
Are you a designer, filmmaker, illustrator, or multimedia artist looking for simple yet effective ways to earn money and build your reputation doing what you love?
“Very nice thoughtful course especially for anyone considering freelancing. Kristen covers many aspects of doing business online relevant to current practices. She talks from experiences about her successes and what she learned from her mistakes. If you’re thinking about freelancing many of Kristen’s suggestions are vital to protecting yourself from bad or downright awful experiences.” -Jerry Montgomery
I’ll show you tried and true best practices for finding and keeping happy, repeat clients, and how you can best build your portfolio, reputation, experience, and income the quick and easy way.
This course will help you create a successful and sustainable freelance business built on a simple but powerful mantra, “Respect Yourself. Respect Your Client.” STOP being exploited and start earning money doing what you love. Build your confidence and be on the right path as a freelancer.
By the end of this course you’ll confidently be able to:
- Know and develop the characteristics and personality traits that all successful freelancers share.
- Hone in on exactly which services you should offer and which you should NOT.
- Set your prices and know once and for all what to charge.
- Protect yourself by using easy-to-manage yet professional contracts and invoices.
- Protect your business by painlessly planning for the tax man.
- Become a client-whisperer who listens to and communicates well to deliver the projects clients want, need, and love.
- Know the most effective ways to find new clients and turn them into happy repeat customers.
I’m a practicing award-winning multimedia artist and a former tenured Associate Professor of Digital Media and Program Director of Film & Digital Media at The American University of Rome (2006-2016). I’m currently an Associate Professor of Digital Media at American University of Myanmar in Yangon, Myanmar (Burma).
Since 2000 I’ve been teaching students all over the world using my tried and true custom approach (turning complex information into something simple, memorable, easy-to-understand in as short amount of time as possible) to ensure that you get the most important, relevant, and useful information that can be applied immediately.
What are the requirements?
- Please come with an open mind and your own talent and ambition to succeed.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Discover and develop the most useful personality traits shared by the most successful freelance artists and designers.
- Unlock the mystery of communicating and understanding the client so your work is loved and raved about, gaining you even more clients down the road.
- Respect and protect yourself as a freelancer. Protect your time, money, reputation, and sanity with best business practices and never be taken advantage of again.
- Know once and for all what to charge and how to carry out a successful gig from beginning, middle, to end so both you and the client are happy.
- Get tips for starting out and finding your first (repeat) clients.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is best suited for complete beginners, students wanting to break into freelancing, and novices.
- Experienced freelancers looking for better and more efficient ways of dealing with clients and completing successful projects will also find value in this course.
- This is NOT a course that focuses solely on getting the most clients by any means possible. This is a course about having a successful and sustainable freelancing business that builds (together with your own talents and time) your reputation, income, and business confidence.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to start freelancing as an artist
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about being a freelance artist.
Section 1 - Introduction
Welcome And Introduction To Freelance Masterclass For Artists
Why Start Freelancing?
Activity: Do You Have The Right Personality To Survive And Thrive As A Freelancer?
Section 2 - Preparations (Respecting Yourself)
Deciding Which Services To Offer
How Much Should I Charge?
Should I Ever Work For Free?
Activity: Should I Take This Job? A Checklist
Section 3 - Where To Find Your First Clients
Getting Your First Clients -the Best Ways To Spread The Word
Resources: Places To Start When Looking For Your First (Repeat) Clients
How To Use Fiverr And Other Websites To Your Advantage
Section 4 - Ready, Set, Go! (Protecting Yourself)
Got A Client? Great. Now Get A Contract Asap! (Resources)
Get Paid Upfront Or After The Job Is Done? My Solution And Suggestions
Use This Simple Trick To Painlessly Prepare For Taxes As A Freelancer
Easy Invoices You Can Start Using Today (Resources)
Section 5 - The Client Whisperer (Respecting The Client While Still Respecting Yourself)
How To Get Inside Your Client’s Head So That You Start Off Well.
Sample Questionnaire For The Client You Can Use (Resource)
Use This Trick To Make Better Work And Get Happier Clients
The Joys And Sorrows Of Presenting Work In Progress.
Presenting The “Final” Work, Making Final Tweaks, And Finding The Right Balance
Section 6 - That's A Wrap (Getting Paid And Enjoying The Fruit Of Your Labor)
Finish Up Your Project With A Positive Bang. Tips And Tricks.
Don’t Forget To Do This For Attracting Even More Clients
Section 7 - Extra: More Ways To Find New Clients And Promote Your Work Online
Start Your Own Online Art Store To Drive Traffic To Your Website And Find Clients
How To Best Link Your Online Store To Your Website And Social Media Pages
Section 8 - Conclusion And Goodies
75+ Places To Find Free Images, Music, And Videos For Your Project
No Reviews found for this course.