About This Course
Who this course is for:
- People who want to improve their knowledge of finance
- If you have some understanding of finance, this would be an excellent starting point in terms of experience or knowledge
- Students interested in becoming managers
- Managers who want to advance their career
- Business owners
- People with an open mind and a willingness to learn
What you’ll learn:
- Speak the language of finance
- Compare your firm’s financials with rivals’
- Size up your vulnerability to industry downturns
- Shift your unit’s focus from revenues to profits
- Use financial data to defend budget requests
- Avoid running out of cash—and going out of business
- Keep costs from killing your bottom line
- Invest smartly through cost/benefit analysis
- Sell your brilliant idea with ROI
- Avoid putting too much faith in the numbers
- No prior knowledge is required to take this course
Executives take for granted that you understand the fundamentals of finance. The people doing the talking presume that you speak the language, that you can read the financial statements, and that you can use basic financial tools to make decisions. But can you?
What if you’re not sure of the difference between an income statement and a balance sheet, or between profit and a positive cash flow? What if you can’t define inventory days or days sales outstanding, and you don’t know how to use those numbers to improve financial performance?
If questions like these make you sweat, you’ve come to the right place. This course will give you the tools and confidence you need to master finance basics, as all good managers must.
This financial foundation course has been designed to greatly improve your financial intelligence.
How will this help you?
- You will increase your financial intelligence
- You will make better decisions, quicker and avoid common mistakes
- You will go prepared to a job that requires basic knowledge in finance
- You will feel more confident about the fundamentals of finance and how to apply it
- You will be able to add this to your CV
Who is behind this course?
I am the Managing Director of a green building consultancy in Malaysia, and a LEED AP. Before that, I was a university teacher (Yonsei University Korea), Project Manager, entrepreneur, and I enjoy teaching and creating courses. I have an MBA from London Business School.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned the basics of Finance.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about the foundation and principles of Finance.
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|Introduction – Don’t Be Afraid||00:00:00|
|Initial Assessment Test||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - The Three Key Financial Statements|
|Key Financial Statements – Intro||00:00:00|
|The Balance Sheet – Intro||00:00:00|
|The Balance Sheet – Assets, Liabilities, Owners Equity||00:00:00|
|The Balance Sheet – How It Relates To You||00:00:00|
|The Income Statement – Intro||00:00:00|
|The Income Statement – How It Relates To You||00:00:00|
|The Cashflow Statement – Intro||00:00:00|
|The Cashflow Statement – How It Relates To You||00:00:00|
|Key Financial Statements – Summary||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Ratio Analysis|
|The Money Making Metrics||00:00:00|
|Liquidity And Leverage Ratios||00:00:00|
|How Ratio Analysis Impacts You||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Profit vs Cash|
|Profit ≠ Cash||00:00:00|
|Profit But No Cash||00:00:00|
|Cash But No Profit||00:00:00|
|Why Understanding The Cashflow Statement Matters||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Managing Working Capital|
|Managing Days Sales Outstanding||00:00:00|
|Working Capital – Case Study||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Return On Investments|
|Return On Investments||00:00:00|
|Return On Investments – Calculations||00:00:00|
|Section 7 - A Broader Perspective|
|Section 8 - How Much Have You Learned|
|Final Assessment Test||00:00:00|