About This Course
The importance of strategic management needs little introduction. It equips the decision-maker with tools to anticipate changes and to direct the organizational activities along the right path. When done well, it is important for a business’ long-term success.
This 45-minute lesson (plus 45-minute supplementary video resources) focuses on “How do you recognise industries change and how can you develop an effective strategy in response.” This topic is a recurring theme for CEOs and their executive team. They all realize that industries change, and that they have to respond. To think clearly and in a structured way is crucial to this.
In this lesson, we focus on the framework of value curves. We explain what they are and how to use them. We use some great examples to make this story come to life. The main case is about how the bookselling industry has changed, and the strategic response of the players.
We look at Barnes & Noble and Amazon in particular, but also have a case of the Sinclair C5 and the airline industry. This story is particularly relevant to professionals and high potential employees. The ability to think strategically is one of the most important leadership traits you can have. It also makes you a highly effective leader.
A good understanding of Industry Change applies to all industries, and particularly in rapidly changing industries or are ready to be disrupted.
- You will understand the types of industry change occuring
- You will understand how you can react to them
- You will understand the strengths and shortcomings of the “value curve” framework, and how to apply it to any industry
- You will understand the “big trap” and how to avoid it.
- You will continue to build a strong foundation and develop strategic management skills
How will this help you?
- It will equip you with tools in anticipating changes and directing the organizational activities.
- You will be able to confidently speak about industry change with anybody at any organisational level.
- You will feel more confident about Strategic Management frameworks and how to apply it.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned strategic management concerning industry changes.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about management and leadership in an organization of volatile industries.
|Section 1 - Introduction And Lecture Videos|
|The History Of Bookselling||00:00:00|
|Types Of Industry Change||00:00:00|
|Value Curve Framework||00:00:00|
|The Sinclair C5||00:00:00|
|Amazon vs Barnes & Noble||00:00:00|
|Additional Resources – Sinclair C5 Infomercial||00:00:00|