About This Course
Music is one of the biggest app categories across all app stores. They have the potential to earn substantial revenue.
Learn the basic concepts, tools, and functions that you will need to build fully functional iOS music streaming apps with the popular programming language, Swift 2. Also learn how to set up your own server and upload music that your app will eventually play.
Things you’ll learn:
- Xcode Installation and Setup
- Basic Streaming Functions on iOS
- How to Setup a Server (free or paid)
- How to Automate Music File indexing on a Server Using PHP (no PHP experience necessary)
- How to Make an iOS App Communicate with a Server
- How to Add Lock Screen Controls
- How to Add Lock Screen Media Information
- How to Handle Audio Interruptions like Phone Calls
- How to Create Table Views and Custom table View Cells on iOS
- Dynamically Adding More Data to Your App and Remote Database
- Sharing Song Information on Facebook
- Liking a Track Through our Remote Database
By learning to create both iOS apps as well as PHP and MYSQL backends you will become incredibly valuable to potential employers. Combining these 2 skills is the number one reason developers get hired for startups. Those startups need this information and are willing to pay for it!
Not only do you learn the ins and outs of streaming music in iOS apps but this course includes a MASSIVE bonus. I teach you how to create and setup a fully functional server that does the following:
- Automatically scan for new music uploads and add them to a MYSQL database (with no input required from you)
- Produce PHP files that allow your app to access a backend
Content and Overview
No knowledge is needed of programming for this course but it helps.
You will be taken on a journey through:
- How to choose between free or paid servers
- How to code a simple streaming function on iOS
- How to add advanced audio features to your app
- How to make your app talk to a server (aka – creating a backend)
- How to report app usage statistics to your remote database
This course establishes a strong understanding of music app creation concepts and includes training on Xcode and Swift 2. It also includes training on MYSQL, PHP and cPanel. Each chapter starts with an introduction and sounds out with a summary to help you learn even better.
With these skills mastered, the course will take you through how to create a backend for your app (as well as the front end!). Complete this course and you’ll discover you now have skills that are continuously in demand from most businesses.
Increase your value by joining now!
Credit: Promo music provided by Ben Sound
What are the requirements?
- A mac running OSX or an OSX Virtual Machine
- An internet connection
What will I learn?
- Create a fully featured music streaming app on iOS
- Create a fully functioning server to store music
- Connect server to app using PHP scripts
Who is the target audience?
- Beginner/Intermediate programmers should take this course
- ABSOLUTE beginners who know nothing about programming SHOULD NOT take this course (take my other one instead!)
- People that want to make profitable streaming apps should take this course
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to develop a Spotify clone app for iOS 11.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about mobile music app development for iOS 11.
|Section 1 - Introduction And Environment Setup|
|Setup Xcode And iOS Simulators On A Mac||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Server Setup And Testing|
|Introduction To Server Setup||00:00:00|
|Should You Choose A Free Or Paid Server?||00:00:00|
|Option 1: Setting Up A Free Server||00:00:00|
|Option 2: Setting Up A Paid Server – Much More Control||00:00:00|
|How To Upload Your Files To A Server||00:00:00|
|Create Your Server Database Using cPanel||00:00:00|
|Create A PHP Script To Add Uploaded Music To The Database: Part 1||00:00:00|
|Create A PHP Script To Add Uploaded Music To The Database: Part 2||00:00:00|
|How To Automate A PHP Script Using Cron||00:00:00|
|Summary Of Server Setup And Testing||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - A Really Simple iOS Music Streaming Function|
|Introduction To Simple Streaming||00:00:00|
|Setting Up Our Project In xCode||00:00:00|
|How To Disable App Transport Security On iOS||00:00:00|
|How To Create A Simple Streaming Function In iOS||00:00:00|
|Tidying Up Our Swift Streaming Player By Moving To Its Own Class||00:00:00|
|Summary Of Really Simple iOS Music Streaming Function||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Adding Some Sugar To Our Simple Streaming Function|
|Introduction To Advanced Audio Features On iOS||00:00:00|
|Adding A Play Pause Button To A Storyboard For Media Control||00:00:00|
|Connecting A Play Pause Button To Streaming Music Controls||00:00:00|
|How To Implement Lock Screen Controls On iOS||00:00:00|
|How To Handle Audio Interruptions On iOS||00:00:00|
|How To Add Lock Screen Media Information On iOS||00:00:00|
|Summary Of Adding Sugar To Simple Streaming Function||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Getting A List Of Music From The Remote Database|
|Introduction To Getting A List Of Music From The Database||00:00:00|
|How To Create A PHP Interface To The MYSQL Database||00:00:00|
|How To Fetch Remote Database Information Into An iOS App||00:00:00|
|Creating Our Song Class To Store Retrieved Items||00:00:00|
|How To Parse Retrieved Data Into A List Of Songs||00:00:00|
|Summary Of Getting A List Of Music From The Remote Database||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Placing Retrieved Song Lists Into A Table View|
|Introduction To Placing Retrieved Song Lists Into A Table View||00:00:00|
|How To Create A Table View And Custom Table View Cell On iOS||00:00:00|
|How To Populate A Table View With Data||00:00:00|
|Firing Up Our Music Player Whenever A Song Is Selected||00:00:00|
|Homework: Tidy Up The Song Name To Remove The MP3 Ending||00:00:00|
|Summary Of Placing Retrieved Song Lists Into A Table View||00:00:00|
|Section 7 - Taking The App To The Next Level: More Data|
|Introduction To Taking The App To The Next Level: More Data||00:00:00|
|Adding In Artist Information To Our Database And App||00:00:00|
|Reporting Number Of Plays To Our Database: Necessary For A Streaming License||00:00:00|
|Summary Of Taking The App To The Next Level: More Data||00:00:00|
|Section 8 - Taking The App To The Next Level: Liking And Sharing|
|Introduction To Taking The App To The Next Level: Liking And Sharing||00:00:00|
|Adding A Like Button For The Current Playing Song||00:00:00|
|Adding A Share On Facebook Button: Social Media Rocks!||00:00:00|
|Summary Of Taking The App To The Next Level: Liking And Sharing||00:00:00|
|Section 9 - Summary And Roundup|
|Summary Of Everything You’ve Learnt So Far||00:00:00|
|Where To Go Next: How To Make Money From This Sort Of App||00:00:00|