About This CourseBeginner
This Introduction to JIRA course is intended to get you up to speed on how to be more productive and effective in JIRA. We will focus on the three main types of users in JIRA. The modules in this course are broken up for each of these types, so no matter which one you are you’ll be able to quickly access the things you need.
In the first module, we’ll cover some core concepts and terms you’ll need to know about both Agile and JIRA before diving into the software itself.
After that, we’ll look at JIRA from an end user’s perspective. What are the key things you’ll need to know as someone who’s just using JIRA at your company? That’s what we’ll look at in the second module.
When you’re a team leader or manager using JIRA, there are some things you can do to help your team be more effective. So we’ll look at some of these things in the third module.
Finally, as a JIRA administrator, there’s a lot of ways you can help your company by setting them up for success in JIRA. In the fourth module, we’ll look at JIRA from an administrator’s perspective.
Now even though this course is organized for different types of users, I wanted to make it so no matter what type of user you are you’ll benefit from watching all of it if you wanted. For example, even if you’re only using JIRA as an end user you can find it beneficial to understand how JIRA workflows and processes work so you can “speak the language” when you’re asking your JIRA administrator for something.
What are the requirements?
- While you don’t have to have JIRA to watch this course, if you want to follow along you’ll need at least a JIRA Software Cloud subscription from Atlassian.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Understand JIRA’s core features and how it works.
- Use JIRA more productively.
- Benefit from JIRA as a team leader or manager.
- Set JIRA up for your team or company as an administrator.
Who is the target audience?
- This JIRA course is meant for three main types of people: JIRA users who want to be able to use it better. Team leaders and managers who want to take advantage of its features for their team and finally, administrators who need to set JIRA up for their teams and companies.
- This JIRA course is NOT meant to be an end-all, one-stop-shop for everything you’ll need to know to customize every feature in JIRA. There are just too many variables to include everything, so instead, we’re focusing on the core concepts and features to get you up to speed quickly.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned the basics of JIRA.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about the basics of JIRA.
Section 1 - Course Introduction
What Is JIRA?
How To Use This Course Successfully
Section 2 - Terms And Concepts
Stories And Epics
Issues And Projects
Cloud Versus Server
Section 3 - Using JIRA
Issue Detail View Overview
Creating New Issues
Searching For Issues
Advanced Searching With JQL
Scrum Agile Board Overview
Managing Your Backlog
Kanban Agile Board Overview
Working With Epics
Working With Versions
Section 4 - JIRA For Managers And Team Leads
Creating A Scrum Board
Editing A Scrum Board
Continuing To Edit Scrum Boards
Creating A Kanban Board
Editing A Kanban Board
Continuing To Edit Kanban Boards
Creating And Sharing Dashboards With Your Team
Creating And Sharing Filters With Your Team
Bulk Editing Issues
Section 5 - JIRA For Administrators
Adding And Inviting Users
Organizing Users In Groups
Creating New Projects
Project Administration Overview
Creating New Issue Types
Assigning Issue Types To Projects
Working With Screens
Creating And Understanding Statuses
Understanding Project Workflows
Editing Existing Workflows
Creating And Understanding Resolutions
Creating Custom Fields
Understanding Project Permissions
Section 6 - Bonus: Customer Questions
How To Get Issues To Show Up On Scrum And Kanban Boards At The Same Time
How To Move Issues Between Projects
How To Show The Search Dropdown Boxes
Understanding “Automatic” Assignees
How To Tag Issues From A Sprint With A Specific Version
How To Fix An Error When Adding Transitions In A Workflow
Customizing The Issues In A New Agile Board