About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Intermediate users of Kotlin
- Those who want to learn more about Kotlin
What you’ll learn:
- The major concepts involved with variables
- Functions, which have significant syntax differences in Kotlin
- Classes, objects, and other structures available in Kotlin
Kotlin is the brand-new programming language for Android app development that is taking Java by storm. Join programming expert Nimish Narang in this course on the basics of Kotlin. Nimish has extensive experience teaching app development as an online instructor. Start learning to code today in this Number 1 course on Kotlin.
Is this course for me?
This course is devoted to Kotlin’s language basics and comparing the syntax to Java. We target beginners and cover core topics in depth. If you’re an intermediate or advanced coder, you can watch the videos at a faster speed using the Speed tool. We encourage you to follow along with the coding as we show you Kotlin’s unique syntax.
What Will I Learn?
- The major concepts involved with variables, basic types of variables, more advanced types, Kotlin’s new syntax for variables, and how we can use variables differently in Kotlin than you may have already seen in other programming languages.
- Collection types, which Kotlin allows us to customize. We’ll begin by looking at the simple collection types and then look at more advanced ones.
- Control flow. Kotlin has some new statements not found in Java. Kotlin also provides the brand-new ability to turn control flow statements into expressions, which is a powerful capability that has a lot of potentials. We will look at the basics and syntax, always relating back to real-life examples.
- Functions, which have significant syntax differences in Kotlin. Beginners will learn how to use functions, and more advanced developers will benefit from the introduction to Kotlin’s new syntax.
- Classes, objects, and other structures available in Kotlin.
Why Should I Learn Kotlin?
Kotlin is an innovative programming language for app development. You don’t have to use Java to make Android apps anymore! With Kotlin, you can write concise and powerful code. Kotlin is awesome because it is compatible with existing Java-based technologies.
Throughout the course, we will compare Kotlin and Java. Java is a popular programming language that many developers use to create content for the Web. Kotlin is a lot more syntactically flexible than Java. This allows you to have more fine control over how you write a code to accomplish the tasks you want. You can insert an aspect of personality into a code and write it how you want it to be read. It’s easy to incorporate Kotlin into existing projects and applications.
What are the requirements?
A working computer onto which you can install Kotlin and Android Studio
Java coding skills are helpful but not required.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to code with Kotlin.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about coding in Kotlin.
|Section 1 - Installations|
|Install Android Studio 3 With Kotlin||00:00:00|
|Install Kotlin For Android Studio 2.3.2 And Earlier||00:00:00|
|Intro To The Kotlin Language||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Variables|
|Introduction To Kotlin||00:00:00|
|Intro To Variables||00:00:00|
|Primitive Variable Types||00:00:00|
|Converting Between Variable Types||00:00:00|
|Assignment, Arithmetic, And Unary Operators||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Collections|
|Intro To Arrays||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Control Flow|
|Advanced If Statements||00:00:00|
|When Statements And Expressions||00:00:00|
|Checking For Null Values||00:00:00|
|Continue And Break Statements||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Functions|
|Functions With And Without Parameters||00:00:00|
|Unique Kotlin Function Syntax||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Classes And Objects|
|Creating And Instantiating A Class||00:00:00|
|Additional Constructors And Init Blocks||00:00:00|
|Adding Properties And Behaviours||00:00:00|
|Visibility Access Modifiers||00:00:00|
|Getters And Setters||00:00:00|
|Section 7 - Source Code|
|Class And Objects_Text||00:00:00|