How To Use Lighting Design To Transform Your Home
This course is designed for those interested to learn the basics of lightning design and know how to effectively build their own residential lighting plan.
About This CourseBeginner
“Lighting Design to Transform your home” is a course focused exclusively on residential lighting design. More specifically, in this class we will cover the following main topics:
- 3 great lighting tricks
- Why is lighting so important?
- How to effectively use and control both artificial and natural light in your home
- How to use 3 layers of light to elevate your lighting design
- How to choose the right type of light fixtures based on the function of your room
- How to choose the right size light fixtures
- How to place your light fixtures appropriately in your home
- How to hide unsightly table and floor lamp cords
- Use lighting to alter the intensity of colors in your room
- Use lighting to make your room appear larger or smaller than it is
- Use lighting to create a focal point in your room
This is a great course for all levels of individuals who are interested in learning more about how to effectively build their own residential lighting plan. This could also be a great class for interior design students or professionals who are new to the field.
- If you are interested in taking most or all of my courses, I have a recommended order in which to watch them (although it’s certainly not required). I would start with “How to Design a Room in 10 Easy Steps” because most of my other courses are in-depth classes of the concepts touched on in this 10 step class. Following the 10 Step Course, I suggest moving on to “How to Use Color Like a Pro”, followed by “How to Work with Interior Design Styles Like a Pro”, then “How to Use Lighting Design to Transform your Home”, and finally “Design is in the Details”. My other two courses, “How to Use Minimalist Interior Design to Live your Best Life” and “Use Eco-friendly, Sustainable Design to Green your Home” are both stand alone classes on specialty topics within interior design, and therefore, can be taken in any order.
- Please be aware that this course, or any of my courses, is not intended to provide all of the knowledge needed to become a professional interior designer. As with any professional field, there is a significant amount of education and/or experience that is needed to achieve competency in this field. My intention with these courses is to provide some solid foundational knowledge to assist either those individuals interested in “DIY” interior design to work on their own projects more effectively, or to provide supplemental education to both interior design students and professionals.
Who this course is for:
- This is a great course for anyone interested in taking their home’s lighting design to the next level.
- This course could also be a great supplemental educational course for interior design students or those new to the interior design field.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned about lightning design.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about lightning design.
Section 1 - Welcome And Introduction
Overview Of The Course Content
3 Great Lighting Tricks
Section 2 - Let's Get Technical: Understand Lighting Like A Pro
Why Is Lighting So Important?
What Is Light Anyway?
Natural And Artificial Light: Both Are Critical To Your Design
Learn Your Light Bulbs
Determine How Much Light You Need For Your Room
Activity 1 – Begin Working On Your Own Personal Lighting Plan
Section 3 - Create Your Lighting Plan
Use 3 Layers Of Light
Choose Your Light Fixtures Based On The Function Of Your Room
Choose The Right Size Light Fixtures
Determine Your Light Fixture Placement
An Important Word On Lampshades
Hide those Unsightly Cords
Control Your Natural Light: Choose The Right Window Coverings
Control Your Artificial Light: Always Use Dimmers
Purchase Your Lighting: My Favorite Places
Activity 2 – Continue Your Lighting Plan
Section 4 - Use Lighting Like A Magician
Use Lighting To Alter The Intensity Of Colors In Your Room
Use Lighting To Create A Focal Point In Your Room
Activity 3 – Finish Your Lighting Plan
Section 5 - Conclusion
Conclusion And Final Thoughts
No Reviews found for this course.