Learn essential techniques and unleash your creativity as you paint 2 captivating urban scenes. Enroll now and start your creative journey.Read more.
Hello, I'm Darren Yeo, a watercolour artist and teacher based in Melbourne, Australia. I am the founder of one of the largest watercolour learning communities, "Watercolour Mentor". My work features predominantly natural landscapes, urban streetscapes, and portraiture in watercolor medium. Watercolours are special to me because there is a sense of finality once an area has dried – you can’t erase or go over that area to ‘fix’ it. You need to accept and work with what is there. To lea
Only want this course? Buy this course for
$199 $29 and keep lifetime access.
About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who want to learn watercolor painting
- Intermediate watercolor painters who want to adopt a loose, impressionistic style
What you’ll learn:
- How to paint simple streetscape scenes in watercolor
- How to sketch and plan your painting in pencil before you begin
- When and how to use wet-in-wet watercolor techniques for clouds, skies, and land
- How to add people to your landscape in a natural and simple way
- How to layer effectively to add extra details and create depth
- How to paint simple shadows and identify or choose a light source
- No prerequisites. This course is suitable for both beginners and intermediate watercolor painters.
Welcome to the course! Throughout this program, we will explore the art of painting two loose streetscapes in watercolour. Learning to capture streetscapes in a quick, fun, and loose style is a crucial skill that every artist should strive to master.
Watercolour is an ideal medium that allows you to produce spontaneous and expressive paintings on the go. However, streetscapes can be tricky to paint, with so much going on and an overwhelming amount of detail, it’s easy to get lost in the painting process. That’s why this course is designed to teach you how to paint any streetscape with ease by utilizing layering techniques and understanding light and shadow.
Planning is also an essential aspect of painting streetscapes. Throughout this course, you will learn how to simplify buildings, figures, cars, and shadows into basic shapes. This simplification is crucial for ensuring that your painting makes sense and accurately captures the essence of the streetscape.
In this course, you will learn:
- How to paint simple streetscapes in watercolour
- How to sketch and plan your streetscape painting in pencil before painting
- How and when to use wet-in-wet watercolour techniques to paint clouds, skies, and land
- How to naturally add people into your landscape in a simple way
- How to effectively layer to add extra details and create depth
- How to paint simple shadows and choose a light source in your painting
Join me in this course to discover how easy it is to create amazing street scenes in no time!
Your course project is to draw and paint your own streetscape in watercolour! This can be a scene featured in this course or based on one of your own photographs or scenes you have observed outside.
You can also refer to the scanned drawing/painting in the “Resources” section of this course, which will allow you to trace the drawing if you choose to do so. I recommend drawing each scene freehand. Drawing is an important step in improving your painting skills. This provides you with an opportunity to compose and plan your painting. Once you’ve finished the drawing, use the watercolor steps and processes included in the course demonstrations to complete your painting.
Use any watercolour paints, pencil watercolour paper, and brushes you have available. I recommend:
- 0.5mm mechanical pencil
- Artist-grade watercolour paints – blue, yellow, and red
- 100% cotton watercolour paper or sketchbook
- Watercolour Brushes – mop brush and a variety of round brushes for detailing.
Review the course demonstration videos first. You can also download the tracing templates to transfer over your drawing if you wish.
Are you looking to sketch and paint another scene? Research some free reference photo websites, pick one of your own reference photos, or simply find an outdoor location where you can sit and paint. Using the steps and processes included in this course, create your own unique painting.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have acquired the skills to paint charming watercolor streetscapes with simple methods.
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today!
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|Section 2 - Demonstration|
|1 – Drawing||00:00:00|
|1 – First Wash||00:00:00|
|1 – Second Wash||00:00:00|
|1 – Finishing Touches||00:00:00|
|2 – Drawing, First Wash||00:00:00|
|2 – Second Wash||00:00:00|
|2 – Finishing Touches||00:00:00|