About This Course
This course will equip managers with skills needed to manage staff with challenging behavior. We will explore different types of challenging behavior, and the consequences of letting them go unchallenged.
There will be a strong focus on how to prepare, conduct and follow-up difficult conversations with staff displaying challenging behavior.
Students will learn how to identify helpful and unhelpful norms in their teams, and how to develop positive norms, so as to prevent challenging behavior.
This course includes lectures and tasks. Students are strongly encouraged to complete these practical tasks, so as to apply learning to their reality.
What are the requirements?
- Students need to have experience working in teams.
- Students need to be open to resolve challenging behavior, leading to a win-win outcome for manager and employee.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Understand the negative consequences of challenging behavior.
- Identify challenging behavior before it escalates.
- Address challenging behavior, through effective conversations with staff.
- Develop positive norms in the team, preventing challenging behavior.
Who is the target audience?
- This course is designed for managers, supervisors, team leaders and others in a leadership position. It is helpful for those managing teams where some staff display challenging behavior, e.g. being unmotivated, bullying others, not completing their tasks.
- It is less useful for those whose colleagues display challenging behavior.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have the knowledge on how to manage staff with challenging behavior.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and develop your skill in staff management!
|Section: 1 - Introduction To The Course|
|Section: 2 - Understanding Challenging Behavior|
|Introduction To Section 2||00:00:00|
|What Is Challenging Behavior?||00:00:00|
|Different Types Of Challenging Behavior||00:00:00|
|Consequences Of Challenging Behavior At Work||00:00:00|
|Outlining An Action Plan To Address Challenging Behavior – Task 1||00:00:00|
|Conclusion And Takeaways From Section 2||00:00:00|
|Section: 3 - Difficult Conversations To Deal With Challenging Behavior|
|Introduction To Section 3||00:00:00|
|Preparing For Difficult Conversations||00:00:00|
|Difficult Conversations: Listening And Questions||00:00:00|
|Communication Techniques For Difficult Conversations||00:00:00|
|Identifying And Achieving Goals||00:00:00|
|Following Up On Difficult Conversations||00:00:00|
|Task 2 – Your Strengths And Areas For Improvement||00:00:00|
|Conclusion And Takeaways From Section 3||00:00:00|
|Section: 4 - Preventing challenging behavior|
|Introduction To Section 4||00:00:00|
|Staff Who Do Not Behave In A Challenging Way||00:00:00|
|Understanding Team Norms||00:00:00|
|Introducing New Team Norms & Task 3||00:00:00|
|Understanding Enabling Behavior||00:00:00|
|Reflecting On My Enabling Behavior – Task 4||00:00:00|
|Conclusion And Takeaways From Section 4||00:00:00|
|Section: 5 - Conclusion|