About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Musicians who are ready to release music!
- Musicians who are considering how best to release their music, and want to examine multiple options.
What you’ll learn:
- How to get your songs on Spotify, Apple Music, Amazon Music, Tidal, and many more
- Distribution through a record label
- DIY Distribution
- Revenue of a Distributor
- Physical Products (Vinyl Records, CDs, etc.)
- Digital Distribution Companies
- TuneCore, Symphonic Distribution, CD Baby, and Distrokid
- Getting paid through Distribution
- Hidden royalties! Money you are making that you don’t know about
- SoundExchange Royalties
- There are no requirements for this class.
- Students who have music finished and read to be released can use this class as a step-by-step guide.
Welcome to the “Musician’s Guide” Series!
This series is pulled directly from the courses I’ve created for my university position in Music Business. All of these courses are designed for the everyday musician – amateur or professional – who has little or no knowledge on the topic, but wants to master it.
This class is all about Distribution and Digital Distribution. In other words: How to get your music on Spotify, Apple Music, Tidal, Amazon, and all the hundreds of other streaming services.
It is ideal for anyone who makes music, especially:
- Creators: If you are making music, you need to understand how to get your music to the streaming services, and how to get paid from them.
- Musicians: If you are going to be recorded, you should understand how things will work when the recording is released, and what rights you have to your performance.
- Producers: If you are releasing music, and you are not capturing “webcasting” royalties, you are missing out on money.
- Curious Minds: Anyone interested in how distribution works, and where it might be going is invited to be a part of this class.
In this class, we start with the basics of distribution, and how it worked back in the days of physical products. I’ll point you to some resources if you want to release physical products (like vinyl records), but then we will move on to the digital distribution platforms. I’ll take you inside my accounts, look at my royalty statements, and walk you through the process of getting your music distributed.
But most importantly: There is a hidden royalty that most people don’t know about. Once you are on streaming services, you can make even more money if you take just 5 minutes to set one thing up. If you don’t, you are missing out on more royalties!
The goal of this class is for you to be making money from your music on streaming services in a few days.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to distribute your music.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about music distribution.
|Section 1 - Introduction And Overview|
|What We Are Covering Here||00:00:00|
|Tools You Will Need For This Class||00:00:00|
|Disclaimer: I Am Not A Lawyer||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - What Is Distribution?|
|The Last Stronghold Of “The Majors”||00:00:00|
|Independent Label Distribution Partnerships||00:00:00|
|Distribution Alone Deals||00:00:00|
|The Effect Of File Sharing||00:00:00|
|The Revenue Picture||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Distribution Of Physical Products|
|Roles Of A (Physical) Distributor||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - DIY Distribution|
|Going It Alone||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Digital Distribution|
|Distribution And Publishing||00:00:00|
|Music Industry And The Digital Revolution||00:00:00|
|What To Look For In A Distributor||00:00:00|
|Inside My Account||00:00:00|
|What You Need To Get Started||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Getting Paid|
|Royalties From The Distributor||00:00:00|
|Hidden Royalties! Money You Are Missing If You Don’t Do This!||00:00:00|
|Licensing And Performing Royalties||00:00:00|
|Section 7 - Wrap Up|
|What Comes Next?||00:00:00|
|Thanks For Watching!||00:00:00|