About This Course
This course will give you a foundation in proper nutrition with a focus on optimal health using the scientific research.
It is aimed at anyone considering a healthy lifestyle, such as vegetarians, vegans, flexitarians, Mediterranean diet aficionados, or those looking at a career in health and wellness, such as a Nutritional Therapist or Wellness Coach.
This course is separate, yet a prerequisite for our Nutritional Therapy course, which dives into how food affects our bodies and how to use that to fight disease. You will benefit more from this course if you understand basic physiology, but it is not compulsory.
Who is the target audience?
- Those who have a basic understanding of healthy living but want to learn more about nutrition itself.
- Those interested in the best health and wish to have optimal nutrition including vegans, vegetarians, and omnivores.
- Those considering a career in nutrition.
What knowledge will I learn?
- You will be more confident reading ingredient lists and nutritional labels.
- You will understand the details of food nutrients and how they affect the body.
- You will be able to demonstrate a healthy diet.
- You will be able to provide for yourself all the nutrients like protein, calcium, and iron, from plant-based foods.
- You will be able to create a healthy vegan diet will all the nutrients you need.
- You will be able to avoid the fads and diet extremes seen on the internet.
- You will have the tools needed to avoid the pitfalls of a restricted diet.
- A very basic understanding of biology is helpful, but not critical.
- This course is detail oriented if you don’t like stats and numbers you may find the first part of the course difficult.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have the knowledge on nutrition for optimal health.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and develop your skill in nutrition for optimal health!
|Section 1 - Overview|
|Introduction To Basic Health||00:00:00|
|Overview Of Nutritional Terms||00:00:00|
|Understanding Food Labels And Claims||00:00:00|
|The Science Of Nutrition And Professionals||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Nutritional Details|
|Carbohydrates – Sugar||00:00:00|
|Carbohydrates – Starch||00:00:00|
|Carbohydrates – Fiber||00:00:00|
|Fat – Omega 3, 6, 9 And Cholesterol||00:00:00|
|Minerals Starting With Iron And Zinc||00:00:00|
|More Minerals – Calcium, Phosphorus And Magnesium||00:00:00|
|Vitamins – Starting With B’s||00:00:00|
|Vitamins A, C, E, K – The Antioxidants||00:00:00|
|Couple More Minerals – Sodium And Potassium||00:00:00|
|Trace Minerals, B12 And Vitamin D||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - What To Avoid And Problem Areas|
|Nutritional Deficiencies And Food Allergies||00:00:00|
|Organic Vs Toxic Chemicals – Finding Balance||00:00:00|
|Fads, Trends And Extremes In Diet||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Beyond Food|
|Exercise Unlocks Nutrients||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Putting It All Together|
|Calorie Intake And Menu Development||00:00:00|
|Practical Application And Summary||00:00:00|
|Resources And Sources||00:00:00|