About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Business owners
What you’ll learn:
- Why we measure performance
- The benefits of performance measurement
- The dangers of targets
- The three levels of performance measurement
- The performance measurement linkage chart
- What makes a good measure
- A starter set of performance measures
- The voice of the process versus the voice of the customer
- The nature of variation
- Displaying performance data
- The shewhart individuals control chart
- Strategies for dealing with variation
- The relationship between process behaviour and cost
- Engaging your people in performance measurement
- No prior knowledge is required to take this course.
Performance measurement is the act of monitoring progress towards specified objectives. It has two main purposes:
- To monitor progress towards goals
- To guide improvement activity where performance is not meeting the goals
Performance measures are like the mileposts on the path towards our goals. They tell us how far we have come; how far we still have to go; and whether, indeed, we are going in the right direction.
But performance measurement is not easy. Choosing inappropriate measures can result in unintended consequences, with detrimental outcomes. At the same time, the outputs of many processes are intangible and difficult to measure.
The only solution is to take a structured approach to the design of performance measures that involves stakeholders, customers and users to clearly define agreed outcomes, and then measure performance against those outcomes.
This course provides a structure that you can use to develop a framework of performance measures throughout your organization. The course also covers how to analyse and present performance data in order to reveal valuable information about the behaviour of the organisation’s processes and activities. It also covers ways of engaging employees with the measures and working towards business improvement.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to measure performance.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about measuring performance and why it’s important for organizations and companies.
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|Why Do We Measure Performance||00:00:00|
|Linking Performance Measures||00:00:00|
|Example Linkage Chart||00:00:00|
|What Makes A Good Measure||00:00:00|
|Introduction To Interpreting Performance Data||00:00:00|
|Interpreting Performance Data||00:00:00|
|Performance Data Example||00:00:00|
|Strategies To Deal With Variation||00:00:00|
|Embedding KPIs In The Organisation||00:00:00|
|Final Thoughts On Performance Measurement||00:00:00|
|Introduction To The Exercise||00:00:00|
|Test Your Understanding||00:00:00|