About This Course
For years I’ve been teaching Music Production in the college classroom. These classes I’m making online uses the same syllabus I’ve used in my college classes for years, at a fraction of the cost. I believe anyone can learn Music Production – and cost shouldn’t be a barrier.
Recently I was named as a semi-finalist for the Grammy Foundation’s Music Educator of the Year award because of my in-person university classes. Now I’m taking those classes online in order to reach more students.
In this class we will focus on the new Pro Tools First software. This is a new version of Pro Tools that is absolutely free. It mimics traditional versions of Pro Tools, so if you learn Pro Tools First, you will be very comfortable working on Pro Tools or Pro Tools HD in a studio. Pro Tools First is a full-featured program, but it isn’t without it’s limitations. I’ll walk you through what those are, some ways you can deal with them, and how to use the program to produce and/or record your music.
In this class, we will cover:
- Differences between Pro Tools First, Pro Tools, and Pro Tools HD
- Advantages of Pro Tools First
- Limitations of Pro Tools First
- Downloading and Installing Pro Tools First for FREE
- Setting up a session from a template
- Creating a new session from scratch
- Organizing a session
- Importing audio tracks
- Adding MIDI tracks
- Using the XPand!2
- Creating a multi-timbral synth
- Saving and recalling your sound design patches
- Navigation in Pro Tools First
- Pro Tools Editing tools
- Time Stretching audio to fit your tempo
- Elastic audio
- Adding markers to your session
- Recording audio
- Recording setup
- Editing recordings
- Setting up MIDI
- Recording MIDI
- Panning, EQ, and other effects
- Mixing tips
- Exporting your track
- Bounce settings
- Mp3 Conversion
- SoundCloud and uploading elsewhere
- …and much, much more!
What are the requirements?
- Students should have access to a computer and internet connection.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Produce music with Pro Tools First
- Record music with Pro Tools First
- Have confidence working in any type of Pro Tools software
Who is the target audience?
- Students who have a desire to learn Pro Tools
- Students who are making music with their computer but want to learn a professional audio program
- Students who are interested in recording music
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned about the basics of Pro Tools First.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and develop your music production skills.
|Section 1 - Getting Started|
|What Is Pro Tools First?||00:00:00|
|Advantages And Limitations Of Pro Tools First||00:00:00|
|Downloading Pro Tools First||00:00:00|
|Installing Pro Tools First||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Starting A Session|
|Creating A New Session||00:00:00|
|Organizing Your Session||00:00:00|
|Importing Audio Files||00:00:00|
|Adding A MIDI Instrument||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Using The Expand 2|
|Loading Preset Patches||00:00:00|
|Creating A Multi-Timbre Synth||00:00:00|
|Panning And Effects||00:00:00|
|Saving And Recalling Your Sounds||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Editing And Producing In Pro Tools First|
|Navigation In Pro Tools First||00:00:00|
|The Pro Tools Editing Tools||00:00:00|
|Optimizing Screen Real Estate||00:00:00|
|Time Stretching Audio||00:00:00|
|Separating And Arranging Audio Files||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Recording Audio And MIDI|
|Setting Up To Record Audio||00:00:00|
|Recording Audio Into Pro Tools||00:00:00|
|Editing Our Recording||00:00:00|
|Setting Up To Record MIDI||00:00:00|
|Creating Drum Tracks||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Mixing Techniques|
|Volume Controls In The Mixer||00:00:00|
|Mixing Your Track||00:00:00|
|Section 7 - Finalizing Your Track|
|Bouncing In Offline Mode||00:00:00|
|Mp3 Conversion And SoundCloud||00:00:00|