About This CourseBeginner
This course will give you the knowledge you need to understand SAN and NAS storage. You’ll learn the theory of the CIFS (SMB), NFS, Fibre Channel, iSCSI and FCoE protocols, and see how to configure the storage system and connect from the client with hands-on lab demonstrations.
Today’s data center and cloud environments have converged infrastructures and management tools, and with the advent of virtualization technologies like VMware and Microsoft Hyper-V, external SAN and NAS storage is becoming a standard. It’s no longer possible to get by as an IT professional by knowing only servers, networking or storage, you need an understanding of all three for your career to thrive.
The lessons are vendor agnostic so they’re suitable no matter who the manufacturer of your storage system is. I’ve used NetApp as the storage system in the live demos but the information is relevant to all vendors.
A verifiable course certificate stating you have completed this training will be provided at the end of the course. This will prove to potential future employers that you have the basic storage knowledge necessary to be an effective member of their IT team, and the motivation to complete further training and be a real asset to their company.
What are the requirements?
- A basic knowledge of computer networks
- No previous storage knowledge is necessary
What am I going to get from this course?
- Understand the basics plus more of Storage Area Networks and Network Attached Storage
- Be a more rounded and effective member of an IT team
- Understand the difference between SAN and NAS
- Connect to CIFS (SMB) NAS storage from a Windows client
- Connect to NFS storage from a Linux client
- Connect to iSCSI storage from a Windows client
- Understand the intricacies of Fibre Channel SAN
- Understand Fibre Channel over Ethernet FCoE
- Perform a basic configuration of SAN and NAS storage on a NetApp storage system
Who is the target audience?
- IT professionals or enthusiasts who want to understand SAN and NAS storage
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned about SAN And NAS storage.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about the basics of SAN And NAS storage.
Section 1 - SAN And NAS Storage
Benefits Of Centralized Storage
NAS: Network Attached Storage
CIFS (SMB) Configuration
SAN – Fibre Channel Part 1: FCP And WWPN Addressing
Fibre Channel Part 2: Zoning, LUN Masking, And Fabric Login
Fibre Channel Part 3: Redundancy And Multipathing
Fibre Channel And FCoE Configuration
SAN – iSCSI
SAN – Fibre Channel Over Ethernet FCoE
No Reviews found for this course.