About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in a career in the arts
- Anyone looking for a creative outlet
- Anyone interested in drawing, painting, or design
What you’ll learn:
- How to observe, analyze and draw light and shadow on any subject
- How to draw and shade concave forms like cups and bowls
- How to apply the basic shading process to complex subjects
- How to use foundational volumes like spheres, cylinders, cubes, eggs and cones to draw and shade complex hybrid subjects including organic subjects
- You should have some basic drawing skills and experience
- You should be able to draw and shade basic volumes like spheres cubes and cylinders
If you can shade a sphere, a cube and a cylinder, you can learn to shade any subject, no matter how complex. This course will show you how. In these five in-depth lessons you’ll learn how light operates on complex objects including concave forms like cups and bowls as well as organic subjects like fruit and vegetables. This course even includes an introduction to cross-hatching, one of the most sought after drawing skills
The skills taught in this course are essential for anyone interested in continuing on to figure drawing.
The Art and Science of Drawing is a remarkable new program that will teach you how to draw one day at a time. The program is simple – each day you’ll watch one video lesson that will introduce an essential drawing skill, and then do the recommended practice. The Art and Science of Drawing is overflowing with powerful insights into the drawing process and offers some of the clearest, most accessible drawing instruction available. Many of the tools and techniques you’ll learn here are rarely seen outside of private art academies.
This course is the eighth and final installment of an 8-part series. If you’re a beginner, we recommend going through the entire series in the following order:
- Basic Skills
- Dynamic Mark Making
- Form And Space
- Measuring And Proportion
- Shading Fundamentals
- Shading: Beyond the Basics
If you’ve got some drawing experience, feel free to mix and match The Art and Science of Drawing courses to suit your personal needs as an artist!
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned about shading beyond the basics.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about drawing.
|Section 1 - Introduction|