About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in drawing or painting
- Anyone looking for a career in the arts
- Anyone wanting a creative outlet
- Anyone interested in design
What you’ll learn:
- How to draw basic volumes using dramatic light and shadow
- How light and shadow operate on the fundamental volumes: the sphere, the cube and the cylinder
- How to recognize and draw fundamental light and shadow patterns including the highlight, the core shadow, reflected light and the cast shadow
- Some drawing experience is recommended, but not required.
In this course you’ll learn how to draw using dramatic light and shadow. All form, no matter how complex, follows a basic set of shading principles. By understanding how light operates on the fundamental volumes of the sphere, cylinder and cube, you’ll be able to realistically shade and render basic forms and be prepared to draw and shade more complex subjects. It’s essential that every artist and creative professional know and be able to use these powerful shading techniques.
This course is a perfect prerequisite to painting and figure drawing.
The Art And Science Of Drawing is a remarkable new program that will teach you how to draw one day at a time. The program is simple – each day you’ll watch one video lesson that will introduce an essential drawing skill, and then do the recommended practice. The Art And Science Of Drawing is overflowing with powerful insights into the drawing process and offers some of the clearest, most accessible drawing instruction available. Many of the tools and techniques you’ll learn here are rarely seen outside of private art academies.
This course is the seventh installment of an 8-part series. If you’re a beginner, we recommend going through the entire series in the following order:
- The Art And Science Of Drawing: Basic Skills
- The Art And Science Of Drawing: Dynamic Mark Making
- The Art And Science Of Drawing: Form And Space
- The Art And Science Of Drawing: Measuring And Proportion
- The Art And Science Of Drawing: Contours
- The Art And Science Of Drawing: Shading Fundamentals
- The Art And Science Of Drawing: Shading Beyond The Basics
If you’ve got some drawing experience, feel free to mix and match The Art And Science Of Drawing courses to suit your personal needs as an artist!
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned about shading fundamentals.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about drawing.
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|The Line of Termination||00:00:00|
|The Cast Shadow||00:00:00|
|The Core Shadow||00:00:00|
|Drawing With Light||00:00:00|