About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Film makers
What you’ll learn:
- Scout and recruit an interesting film subject
- Prepare a shot list
- Develop interview questions
- Prepare the gear and subjects
- Use locations to full effect
- Develop sophisticated motion shots
- Edit scenes, sequences, string outs and sound bites into a compelling visual statement
- No prior knowledge is required to take this course
This smartphone videography course features an award-winning documentary short film that was shot with mobile devices.
Here is where we take you deep inside the process of making award-winning films. The author has won 19 film festival honors from international competitions in the documentary category.
You will go behind the lens and learn every step in making an original documentary film.
In this course, you apply advanced filmmaking techniques that help you to produce a movie about a person, event, activity, place, brand, or issues that you care deeply about.
Films are an amazing way to connect people to a person, a product, idea, or mission. They give the viewer the feeling of a long-lasting connection.
In these detailed step-by-step lessons, filmmaker Robb Montgomery will take you backstage and behind the lens to see exactly how to plan, produce, film and edit a long-form documentary film with mobile video gear.
Montgomery shows you how he solo-produces a broadcast quality film in Berlin with no crew, no script, no budget, and no automobile.
In this course, we’ll be focusing on:
- Planning a documentary
- How to organize your story idea before filming
- What are the big questions: Characters, motivation, conflict, satisfaction, and building tension and release.
- Tips for storyboarding and making shot lists
- Advanced filmmaking and sound design
- Casting for documentaries
- Building trust with subjects Filmmaking ethics
- Working with subjects on camera
- Building string outs with sound bites and sequences
- How to find your story in the edit
- Advanced editing with Final Cut Pro X
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to film a documentary with your smartphone.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about smartphone filming.
|Section 1 - Documentary Filmmaking: Getting Started|
|Section 2 - Smartphone Filmmaking: Advanced Course|
|The Big Picture||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Finding A Documentary Subject|
|Interview Questions For Sophie||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Cinema Camera Settings|
|Why ND Filters Are Essential If You Want To Get The Film Look On A Smartphone||00:00:00|
|Log And LUT Tests||00:00:00|
|Exercise: Log And LUT||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Filming Interviews And Performances|
|The 3 Key Questions||00:00:00|
|Tougher Interview Questions||00:00:00|
|Live Performance Takes||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Discovering The Personality|
|Filming Personality Shots||00:00:00|
|Location, Location, Location||00:00:00|
|My Shot List For Sophie||00:00:00|
|Section 7 - Final Cut Pro X: Editing Video Clips Into A Story|
|Log And Capture||00:00:00|
|Building Sequences That Tell Stories||00:00:00|
|How To Edit Clips To Build A Story||00:00:00|
|Producing A String Out||00:00:00|
|Editing Sound Bites||00:00:00|
|The Editing Process||00:00:00|
|Section 8 - Refining The Edit|
|Making The Story Better||00:00:00|
|Section 9 - The Finished Movie|
|Sophie: The Finished Film||00:00:00|
|Section 10 - Bonus: Filming With A Gimbal|
|Case Study: Filming With A Gimbal||00:00:00|
|Unboxing DJI Osmo Mobile||00:00:00|
|Osmo Mobile – Charging||00:00:00|
|Activating The Osmo Mobile||00:00:00|
|Rebooting The Osmo Mobile||00:00:00|
|Settings For Osmo Mobile||00:00:00|
|Calibrate The Osmo Mobile||00:00:00|
|Trigger Modes For Osmo Mobile||00:00:00|
|Microphones For Osmo Mobile||00:00:00|