About This Course
DISC is a model of human behavior that helps you to understand why people do what they do.
The dimensions of Dominance, Influence, Steadiness and Compliance make up the model and interact with other personality factors to describe human behavior.
This online course has been created to help you apply DISC behavioral principles to working as part of a team or in situations that involve influencing and selling.
The course goes into detail about:
- The four behavioral styles of DISC
- Each style’s strengths and liabilities
- Do’s and don’ts when interacting with high dominance
- Do’s and don’ts when interacting with high influence
- Do’s and don’ts when interacting with high steadiness
- Do’s and don’ts when interacting with high compliance
- How to assess a person’s nonverbal communication
- Gaining a greater sensitivity to others around you
- Learn how to distinguish between different behavioral styles and choose the best communication method for each.
- Understand behavioral styles with a focus on your style and how to work with others with different styles.
- Identify how different behavioral styles are likely to react to situations.
- Identify how different behavioral styles react under pressure and when stressed.
- Anyone who wants to understand themselves better through self-awareness
- Anyone interested in finding out about behavioural styles and the best way to communicate with each style
- Anyone who has responsibilities for influencing the way people make decisions
- Anyone wanting to understand how others behave and how to best interact with them
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned DISC behavioral styles.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about DISC behavioral styles.
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|Introduction To The Course – Understanding Behavioral Styles At Work||00:00:00|
|About Behavioral Styles||00:00:00|
|Assessing Your Behavioral Style||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - The Four Behavioral Styles Of DISC|
|The Four Behavioral Styles Of DISC||00:00:00|
|The Characteristics Of High Dominance||00:00:00|
|Downloadable Material : High Dominance||00:00:00|
|The Characteristics Of High Influence||00:00:00|
|Downloadable Material : High Influence||00:00:00|
|The Characteristics Of High Steadiness||00:00:00|
|Downloadable Material : High Steadiness||00:00:00|
|The Characteristics Of High Compliance||00:00:00|
|Downloadable Material : High Compliance||00:00:00|
|Ideal Behaviors For Ideal Interactions||00:00:00|
|Practical Activity – Least Favored Style||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Reactions To Pressure|
|Reactions To Pressure||00:00:00|
|Downloadable Material : Emotional Intelligence And DISC||00:00:00|
|Tension Between The Styles||00:00:00|
|Conflict And High Dominance||00:00:00|
|Conflict And High Influence||00:00:00|
|Conflict And High Steadiness||00:00:00|
|Conflict And High Compliance||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Working With Others' Behavioral Styles|
|Developing Different Behavioral Styles||00:00:00|
|Downloadable Material : Working With Behavioral Styles||00:00:00|
|Developing Emotional And Social Skills||00:00:00|
|Understanding Behavioral Styles At Work Course Review||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Other Downloadable Materials|
|Lightbulb Moments Cards – Engaging With Others Using DISC||00:00:00|