A course for complete beginners on what the VLOOKUP and XLOOKUP functions are, and how to use them in Excel.Read more.
Hello! My name is Kathryn and I create online courses to help you to learn all about Excel and how it can make your life easier. I have worked with Excel for many years, and despite having IT qualifications, there is so much that I've learnt about this program through my everyday use at work. Since starting to use Excel, I now use it to make life easier both in work and at home. Follow my courses, which are aimed at complete beginners, to learn how spreadsheets can streamline your business
Only want this course? Buy this course for
$199 $29 and keep lifetime access.
About This Course
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone that wants to learn what VLOOKUP and XLOOKUP are
- It’s for complete beginners and even more advanced spreadsheet users
What you’ll learn:
- What VLOOKUP and XLOOKUP are
- How to use VLOOKUP and XLOOKUP
- Some rules to follow when using VLOOKUP and XLOOKUP
- How to use Wildcards with each function
- Learn what match_mode is and how to use it with XLOOKUP
- Learn what search_mode is and how to use it with XLOOKUP
- How to use range_lookup TRUE and FALSE with VLOOKUP
- How to change the #NA error with both functions
- You’ll need a copy of Microsoft Excel
Hello and welcome to this course on the VLOOKUP and XLOOKUP functions in Excel.
In this course, we shall go through the VLOOKUP and XLOOKUP functions in Excel to have a look at what they are, how to use them and some examples of using each. VLOOKUP and XLOOKUP are handy built-in functions in Excel that are used to find and retrieve information from datasets or tables. Throughout this course, I assume you have absolutely no knowledge of Excel or even spreadsheets in general, so I will take you right from the start and describe each step in terms you will understand. We will have a look at each section of the VLOOKUP and XLOOKUP syntax as well as looking at examples with each. Some of the sections we cover in the course are:
- The syntax of each function
- Exact matching and approximate matching
- Rules to follow to avoid common errors
- NA Errors
- Using wildcards with each function
- Using the insert function option
- Using the functions across different tabs and spreadsheets
This course is ideal for anyone who wants to learn what the VLOOKUP and XLOOKUP functions are and how to use them. You may have been using VLOOKUP for years but are ready to find out what XLOOKUP can do for you instead, or you may just want refreshers on using both of these functions.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to use VLOOKUP and XLOOKUP.
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today!
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|Section 2 - VLOOKUP|
|What Is VLOOKUP?||00:00:00|
|VLOOKUP – Range_lookup FALSE||00:00:00|
|VLOOKUP – Range_lookup TRUE||00:00:00|
|VLOOKUP NA Errors||00:00:00|
|VLOOKUP Insert Function||00:00:00|
|VLOOKUP Across Different Tabs||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - XLOOKUP|
|What Is XLOOKUP?||00:00:00|
|XLOOKUP NA Error||00:00:00|
|XLOOKUP Horizontal Lookup||00:00:00|
|XLOOKUP Across Different Spreadsheets||00:00:00|
|XLOOKUP Final Example||00:00:00|