About This Courseintermediate
WAVE Accounting / Bookkeeping software – Computerised Accounts
This course is about how to use WAVE, based on the most popular functions which you as a WAVE operator needs to know how to use, in order to be proficient in using the software.
The learning is structured in a practical way. You are given a practical scenario assignment. There are various tasks to complete. You are given the task to do and have a go at, and then the video answer is available. It is suggested that you:
- Read the task
- Watch the video
- Have a go at it yourself on your own system
- Rewatch the video (if necessary) – to reinforce the learning
You’ll learn how to set up a Tally accounting system from scratch, how to enter opening balances, post customer invoices and credit notes, post supplier bills and credit notes, pay suppliers, petty cash, prepare a VAT return, reconcile the bank, post journals, run reports amongst over things.
This is a useful course if:
- You are thinking of working with the software,
- You are going for jobs which have a requirement for you to be able to use this software
- You want to put this skill on your CV, or
- You are a bookkeeper or accountant and will be using this for clients or even
- You run your own business and want to know how to use WAVE for yourself.
You will need to have access to WAVE. You can sign up to the WAVE site to get a free trial. We give you the link in lecture one and show you how to do this.
The course materials include the handout of the assignment task.
What are the requirements?
- You will need access to WAVE in order to complete the assignment – but we’ll explain how to get a free trial of the software in lecture 2
What am I going to get from this course?
- By the end of the course, you will be able to complete various common functions using WAVE
- In this course you will learn how to:
- Enter the opening balances
- Amend the nominal ledger
- Add new customer and supplier details
- Post customer invoices and credit notes to the sales ledger
- Post supplier invoices and credit notes to the purchase ledger
- Enter the supplier cheques and record the customer receipts
- Post Petty Cash transactions
- Prepare the VAT return
- Reconcile the bank
- Post the wages journal
- Post adjustments to the accounts and produce month-end reports
Who is the target audience?
- Bookkeepers and Accountants who need to increase their skill set
- Students who are going for jobs where the requirement is working knowledge of Wave Accounting
- Those who have studied accounting, but want practical knowledge of how to use a popular accounting software which will help them find employment
- Previous knowledge of accounting is not presumed or required
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to use the WAVE accounting software.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about the WAVE accounting software.
Section 1 - Getting Prepared: Access The Software And Course Materials
Introduction To The Course And Your Tutor
WAVE – Free Trial Sign Up
Section 2 - Getting Started
Customize The System And Set Up Vat Codes
Add Opening Balances – Part 1 – Add Nominal Codes
Add Opening Balances – Part 2
Report Opening Trial Balance
Section 3 - Setting Up The System
Reverse Opening Balances – Accruals And Prepayments
Reverse The Opening Accrual – Show A Report
Section 4 - Nominal Ledger
Amend The Nominal Ledger
Report Listing The Nominal Ledger
Section 5 - Customers
Section 6 - Suppliers
Section 7 - Sales Ledgers
Post Customer Invoices 1001 – 1002
Post Customer Invoices 1003-1004
Post Customer Invoices 1005 To 1008
Enter Sales Credit Notes
Customer Account Activity
Section 8 - Purchases Ledgers
Post Supplier Invoices
Post Supplier Credit Notes
Supplier Account Activity Report
Section 9 - Sundry Payments
Supplier Payments Report
Section 10 - Sundry Receipts
Receive Customer Payments
Report Customer Receipts
Section 11 - Petty Cash
Post Petty Cash Transactions
Post Petty Cash – Report
Petty Cash Expenses
Report On Cash Payments
Post Sundry Payments
Bank Payments Report
Section 12 - VAT - Value Added Tax
Section 13 - Bank Reconciliation
Unreconciled Bank Report
Section 14 - Post The Wages Journal
Post The Wages Journal
Wages Journal Report
Month End Adjustment Journals
Section 15 - Reports
Run A Report On The Pnl, Balance Sheet And Trial Balance
Section 16 - Conclusion
Recap And Next Steps
What Happens Next?
About The Instructor
LisaLisa Newton, BA, MSc, FMAAT has a masters degree in Investment Management and a first class honours degree in Accounting with Marketing.