About This Course
Who this course is for:
- This course is ideal for complete beginners
- This course is ideal for people who have a website that someone else made for them who would like to know how to begin to edit and manage it themselves
- This course is ideal for those who have been tasked with editing their organization’s WordPress hosted website and don’t know where to start
- Please note this is NOT an in-depth WordPress course. Students looking for intermediate to advanced WordPress training would be better off taking a longer, comprehensive course. (*Do please have a look at my other course offerings to see if I have a different course that is a better fit.)
What you’ll learn:
- Be up and running managing and editing your own WordPress hosted website
- Understand key settings, tools, and features of WordPress to enable you to control the look, feel, and function of your website
- Create and edit posts and pages, format text, add images, add categories and tags, and publish or schedule your website’s content
- Easily create and manage menus and external links
- Manage subscribers, contributors, authors, editors, and administrators for your website
- Harness the power of the most useful plugins and widgets to extend your website’s capabilities
- Develop a solid beginner’s foundation in WordPress that you can use as a springboard towards more advanced web training or paid opportunities helping others get started editing and managing websites
- Students should already have their WordPress login information and a WordPress hosted website setup before taking this course. (* I still provide information and external resources in a text lecture if you need to still get set up.)
This quick and dirty course will get you up and running using WordPress.
These clear and easy-to-follow lessons are ideal for complete beginners, anyone who has a WordPress hosted website that someone else made for them, or for someone tasked with having to edit and contribute to their organization’s WordPress website who has no idea where to begin.
I start from the very beginning and show you the most essential and important features of the WordPress dashboard and interface.
I’ll show you how to get started making posts, pages, and managing all aspects of your WordPress hosted website so that you can already add a new skill to your CV or resume and be contributing or editing your WordPress site at home or at work.
What Students Are Saying:
“If you haven’t started using WordPress for your site but would like to write content for it by yourself you should take this course. Excellent, no fluff explanations and perfectly presented.” -Matt S. Rinc
I’m a practicing award-winning multimedia artist and a former tenured Associate Professor of Digital Media and Program Director of Film & Digital Media at The American University of Rome (2006-2016). I’m currently an Associate Professor of Digital Media at The American University of Myanmar in Yangon, Myanmar (Burma).
Since 2000 I’ve been teaching students all over the world using my tried and true custom approach (turning complex information into something simple, memorable, easy-to-understand in as short amount of time as possible) to ensure that you get the most important, relevant, and useful information that can be applied immediately.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned the basics and easy essentials of WordPress.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about the basics and easy essentials of WordPress.
|Section 1 - Introduction To The Course And WordPress Starter Essentials|
|Introduction To WordPress: Quick And Easy Essentials For Beginners||00:00:00|
|WordPress.com Versus WordPress.org? How To Get Set Up And What You Need.||00:00:00|
|Before Proceeding, Make Sure You Are Set Up In WordPress Or Have Your Login Info||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Have A WordPress Account And All Set Up? Let's Start The Tour|
|Have Your WordPress Login Information? Let’s Get Started!||00:00:00|
|Tour The WordPress Dashboard||00:00:00|
|How To Make (Or Edit) A Post In WordPress||00:00:00|
|How To Make A Page In WordPress ( And The Difference Between A Page And A Post)||00:00:00|
|The Rundown On WordPress Plugins||00:00:00|
|All About WordPress Themes||00:00:00|
|Fun With WordPress Widgets||00:00:00|
|Setting Up Or Editing Menus In WordPress||00:00:00|
|How To Use Your Tools In WordPress||00:00:00|
|How To Be The Boss Of Your WordPress Settings||00:00:00|
|Adding Or Editing Links In WordPress||00:00:00|
|Managing Users And Permissions In WordPress||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - More Resources And Conclusion|
|75+ Resources To Get Free Images, Music, And Videos For Your Projects||00:00:00|
|New Case Study: How To Use Color Psychology To Boost Your Website||00:00:00|
|Bonus Audio Mp3: Color Tips For Your Images, Website, And Presentations||00:00:00|
|Downloadable Step-by-step WordPress Website Redesign Process Diary (-divi Theme)||00:00:00|
|Conclusion: Please Review!||00:00:00|