About This CourseBeginner
Why is WordPress Essentials for Business one of the most popular and highest-rated WordPress beginner courses on the web?
- Build an attractive website A-Z using the provided sample files, then repeat for your own site!
- It’s designed for busy professionals – no technical experience is required, and we only teach you what you need to know (HTML? Forget it).
- You will save many hours of trial-and-error in setting up your first website – don’t try and learn WordPress by “point, click and pray!”
- Unlike other beginner WordPress courses, we cover topics that are key to creating a professional-looking website, such as theme selection, graphics sources, and more
Why bother with WordPress training? The software is simple, right?
WRONG. While it is true that WordPress is relatively easy to navigate, many people without previous web design experience are going to be completely perplexed. The WordPress software has revolutionized the web design business; and yet, finding a course that covers all the basics, is oriented to a non-technical audience, and gives practical advice on the commercial services that are imperative to making an attractive website, has proven to be difficult. WordPress Essentials for Business is designed to fill that training gap.
WordPress Essentials for Business is a quick but thorough overview of using WordPress to create a business website. It is designed for busy small-business owners and self-employed professionals who want to quickly master the WordPress software for the purpose of creating an attractive website that generates leads and sales.
We learn by doing as we build out an actual website for a client of ours, explaining and demonstrating key concepts along the way, such as themes, plugins, widgets, images, etc. Students should download the project files by following the instructions in the video “Claim your bonuses” and then follow the tutorial on their own website, repeating the keystrokes and mouse sequences as they build out their own site. You can expect to walk away from this training with an attractive website and a solid understanding of WordPress fundamentals.
What will I learn?
- Complete your first self-hosted WordPress website
- Understand domain and hosting
- Understand the WordPress user-interface and key concepts such as the Media library, themes, plugins, widgets and more
- Technical experience is not required (other than to use a browser)
- You will need to setup a self-hosted WordPress website under your domain, which we will show you how to do. Domains cost about $10/yr and hosting accounts are between $7-10/mth
Who is the target audience?
- Small Business Owner, Self-employed Professionals, Social Media consultants, Virtual Assistants… anyone who wants to create a professional WordPress website, either for themselves or their clients
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to build websites the easy way using WordPress.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about building and designing websites using WordPress.
WordPress: What And Why
WordPress.com Or WordPress.org?
What You Will Need
Understanding Domain, Hosting, And Name Servers
Choosing A Domain Registrar And Hosting Company
Installing WordPress On Your Domain
Tour Of An Out-Of-The-Box WordPress Site
Tour Of The WordPress Dashboard
Creating Pages And Posts
Using The Visual Editor
Working With Images
Configuring A Blog, Static Site And Mixed Site
Removing Home Page Title And Comments Box
Adding A Flat Navigation Bar
Adding A Drop-Down Navigation Bar
Installing A Free Theme
Installing A Commercial Theme
Modifying Your Theme Settings, Adding A Header
Working With The Weaver Theme
Setting Up Post Categories And Blog Pages
Using The Latest Posts, Post Categories And Custom Menu Widgets
Using The Text Widget To Post Arbitrary Text Or Images To Your Sidebar
Using The Text Widget To Post A Youtube Video
Introduction To Plugins: Akismet Comment Spam Protection
Using The RSSImport Plugin; Plugins That Require Shortcodes
Installing A Commercial Plugin
Discussion Settings And Comment Moderation