About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Anyone in any country who is ready to start their music production by learning everything they need to know about how to make music with Ableton Live 11.
- Beginners: If you don’t know much about music production, this is the best class to start with.
- Intermediate: If you’ve dabbled with Ableton Live, but are missing the foundational knowledge of the program, start here.
- Advanced: People using Ableton Live on a daily basis will benefit from the workflow tips, vocabulary, and techniques in this course.
What you’ll learn:
- Navigating the two views of Ableton Live
- Arrangement View
- Session View
- What’s new in Live 11
- Info View, Help View, and “Learning how to Learn” Ableton Live
- Using the Clip Slot Grid
- Live’s Signal Flow
- Recording Audio
- Recording MIDI
- Recording to the Arrangement
- Editing Audio and MIDI
- The Groove Pool
- Full track deconstructions
- And much, much, more!
- Students should be ready to produce music, but do not need to be experienced musicians. No prior experience is needed in music theory or production.
- Access to Ableton Live will be required. Using the trial version (free for 30 days) would be a great way to start.
Software version used in the course:
- Ableton Live 11
In this course, we will use the real-world experiences of the award-winning instructor and university music production professor Dr. Jason Allen. But don’t be worried – Dr. Allen is best known around campus for keeping things simple, accessible, useful, and fun.
Dr. Allen is a professional musician, top-rated instructor, and university professor. In 2017, the Star Tribune featured him as a “Mover and a Shaker,” and he is recognized by the Grammy Foundation for his music education classes.
He is also an ABLETON LIVE CERTIFIED TRAINER.
In this class, we are going to learn Ableton Live 11, and every aspect of the program. We will focus on how to do everything possible in Ableton Live, and you will finish this course as an expert in Ableton Live 11. Whether you have experience in music production already or not, this is the ultimate class to learn how to use the Ableton Live 11 software for any genre of music.
Ultimate Ableton Live 11 Part 1 is everything you need to start making great tracks!
This is a really deep class – tons of content, tricks, and tips. Throughout the different “parts” of this class (there are six total), I’ll go through literally everything I know about Ableton Live 11, and everything it took for me to become a Certified Trainer. I’ll share some of my own tracks, and give you some full sessions from my library to play around with and get you started.
I will be making 6 complete “parts” in order to bring you the most comprehensive manual on Ableton Live production techniques ever created. Each class has sets, sessions, and experiments for you to try on your own and follow along with.
You will not have another opportunity to learn Ableton Live in a more comprehensive way than this.
The course is a roadmap to making stunning tracks with Ableton Live 11.
All the tools you need to produce great tracks are included in this course and the entire course is based on real-life experiences – not just academic theory.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to produce music using Ableton Live 11.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about Ableton Live 11.
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|What Is An Ableton Certified Trainer?||00:00:00|
|Tools You Will Need||00:00:00|
|The 2 Views Of Ableton Live||00:00:00|
|The Arrangement View||00:00:00|
|The Session View||00:00:00|
|What’s New In Live 11||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Navigating Live|
|Zooming And Scrolling||00:00:00|
|The Main Sequencer Window (Arrangement View)||00:00:00|
|The Clip Slot Grid (Session View)||00:00:00|
|The Clip View And Clip Window||00:00:00|
|Creating Clips (Audio And MIDI)||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - The Browser|
|Using The Browser||00:00:00|
|Max For Live||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Recording In Live|
|Adding Content: Overview||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Editing In Live|
|The Groove Pool||00:00:00|
|Session Deconstruction No. 2||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Wrap Up|
|What Comes Next?||00:00:00|