In the United States, about 20% of the student population is learning a foreign language. Many take foreign language courses as part of their school curriculum, but only a few succeed at being fluent. One of the biggest reasons this problem continues is that students lack access to quality foreign language education.
Nowadays, one of the best solutions to solve the lack of access to reliable language learning is through online language courses. Fortunately, the value of the online language course market is continuously growing and will expand up to $28.5 million by 2028. This development means that more online language courses will be made available.
Learning another language is critical for personal development, especially academic and career advancement. Skill Success is the place to be when it comes to affordable and top-quality online language courses. Build your foreign language skills as you explore our updated and expert-made courses.
Skill Success is keen on providing learners with a wide array of foreign languages to learn. Master a new language by watching our educational videos and following the practical tips of our reputable course authors. Become a multilingual or even a polyglot by learning Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, and Spanish.
Most commonly asked questions about Languages Courses
Learning a language online is a complete puzzle work. Learners should show grit and dedication because some parts of the process can be challenging. However, it does not mean that the process is impossible.
Individuals interested in learning a language online must prepare for a unique ride. Follow the tips listed below.
1. Set a schedule. Set a schedule and be strict with it. Find a period that has the lowest chance of getting disrupted. Also, do not set your classes apart because you might forget the lessons from the previous chapters.
2. Repeat lessons multiple times. Learning foreign languages is a process of continuous practice, so you must dedicate some time during the weak to watch and re-watch the resource materials. Keep on practicing, and do not rush yourself.
3. Take more than one course. Taking one course may not be enough to master a language. So whenever you can, explore other online courses and find ones that suit your learning style the best. It is better to undergo multiple classes for a single language.
4. Observe native speakers. Besides the resource materials, also find external sources to validate your learning. There is no need to meet native speakers in person. Instead, use the Internet and see videos of native speakers talking in their mother tongue.
5. Interact with other language learners. Most online language learning platforms have forums where learners can interact with each other. Try to connect with other learners and share experiences with them. Having peers learn with you can make the process more bearable.
Online language learning is the process of learning a particular language digitally. Students typically receive learning materials through digital platforms and learn the lessons remotely. Students do not have to meet the instructors personally to undergo the classes.
In this experience, students log on to a platform containing access to learning materials. They may or may not interact with teachers and co-students during the sessions. More importantly, this kind of learning fosters flexible learning because students are no longer restrained by distance to attend classes.
There are several types of online language learning. According to the Cambridge University Press, online language learning can either be a web-facilitated, blended, or entirely virtual course.
A web-facilitated course means that the class will proceed like a typical classroom setup, but students and teachers meet through video sessions. A blended session involves physical and virtual interactions. Lastly, an entirely virtual course gives students full autonomy to learn their lessons and follow the pre-recorded instructions.
Skill Success is a wholly virtual class experience for online language learning. It partnered with language masters of different nationalities to create effective and pragmatic learning materials. Students will be able to learn at their pace and personalize a schedule.
No exact criteria will help pinpoint the most effective language courses. After all, every language may require a different approach when learned online, and students have inconsistent reactions to learning materials. Most importantly, every person has personal preferences prompting them to have a unique experience with every material they interact.
Whenever finding online language courses, only trust sources that can offer a premium learning experience. At Skill Success, all courses have undergone a thorough quality check, and every course author conducted rigorous research for the accuracy of the contents. As a result, students can feel confident that everything they learn is based on legitimate information.
The most effective online language courses help students learn new languages at deeper levels. It is not enough that students memorize a few vocabulary words. They should converse in a way that is close to native speakers.
Characteristics of an ideal online language course. There are no perfect online language courses, but a selection of characteristics helps determine which courses work best with different students. Do not look for a perfect course but find ones best suited for your needs.
Here is a quick checklist of the most prominent attributes that good online language courses possess:
1. Easily accessible
2. Friendly to beginners
3. Customized to a target language
5. Reasonably priced
Taking online courses to learn new languages is a different experience from learning them in physical classrooms. Of course, both have pros and cons, but in modern times, digital learning has more advantages than the other option. Overall, online classes are faster and more convenient.
Here are the leading benefits of taking online language courses:
1. Learn from anywhere. Since you can access the courses through your personal devices, there is no need to go to schools or learning centers. Instead, find a place you are most comfortable with and click the play button. Most remote learners prefer to be at their homes to avoid making added expenses.
2. Learn anytime. Besides learning anywhere, remote learning also allows students to choose when to start their classes. Students do not need to stick to a rigid schedule and readjust their plans in any way they prefer. This autonomous learning can be less stressful for students because they do not have to worry about deadlines or tardiness.
3. Learn from language experts. Particularly at Skill Success, students can feel confident that language experts design the resource materials they will use. You will find classes drafted by industry leaders with years of expertise in a specific language. Discover useful insights as you go through each new chapter.
4. Wide selection of language programs. Another advantage of learning foreign languages online is the availability of many courses. You will not be bound to undergo only one class. Explore as many courses as possible to expand your field of learning and discover techniques from a wide array of sources.
5. Ability to repeat online courses. Unlike physical classes, you can repeat the exact discussions recorded in online classes. It is a convenient way to review and re-learn lessons that may have been unclear the first time learning them. At Skill Success, you can revisit an entire course to enrich your knowledge continuously.
6. Learn multiple languages at once. There is almost no limit with online learning. If ever you are interested, you can choose multiple languages at the same time. Find languages that pique your interest and master them gradually by taking classes at your desire pacing.
7. Experience new learning methods. There are new methods you can learn through online learning. Often, online language classes utilize tools like videos and other interactive applications to make the learning process more fun and impactful. Like the lessons, you may revisit the tools and practice your learnings on particular tasks.
8. Practice independently. Sometimes, students get too conscious when practicing a new language in front of others. If you are not comfortable with displaying your inept skills, online learning could help you learn on your own. Feel free to practice without the interruption and unnecessary participation of others.
9. More affordable. Online language courses are generally cheaper than their counterparts taught at physical schools. While the quality of education is relatively similar, online classes cut many costs. One of the most prominent cuts would be the lack of a physical venue to hold classes and the need for other tools.
10. Personalized learning experience. One of the best aspects of online language learning is learning at one's pace. Every student has different mental capacities making their learning rates unique. Through online learning, there is no need for students to keep up with others, and they can decide when to proceed to other lessons.
Online courses may seem too good to be true, but in this day and age, they work perfectly well. Many people have experienced this training and become fluent in their chosen languages. Like regular classes, students must dedicate themselves to the lessons to learn all the necessary details and unlock all related skills.
A Michigan State University study revealed that 59% of learners who undertook one level of an online language class showed signs of enhanced oral proficiency. Students who went through higher levels displayed a higher learning rate. Continuous learning and successive practice may increase this statistic and positively impact the students' ongoing growth.
Online language courses are not perfect platforms that assure students master their selected languages. Since students are learning remotely, they are exposed to several problems such as lack of accessibility and procrastination. These factors are critical for successfully acquiring knowledge and skills that will make one fluent in a specific language.
The learning issues attached to online language courses are solvable. While there are distractions to learning, students should focus on building their concentration. The fewer hours students spend on distractions, the more effort they can exert in practicing the language they wish to learn.
The determination of whether a product is worth the price tag will always boil down to personal preference. However, considering the benefits of online languages, the price people pay for them is all worth it. This claim is especially accurate when you learn through Skill Success' simplified and up-to-date language classes.
Online language courses are worth the money because you are already saving a lot by choosing this learning option. Aside from the courses' fees, you may spend less because you do not need to go to school to learn. It means you may need to spend less on gas and other costs.
If you are always on the go and do not have a definite schedule, learning a language online is ideal for you. This option allows you to choose when to study. Therefore, there is no need to keep up with programs that you might miss due to lack of time.
Skill Success allows students to learn several languages non-stop through our All Access Pass promo. For only $15 a month, you can access up to more than 3,000 courses. After exploring and practicing some languages, you can proceed with other topics and earn new sets of valuable skills.
There are many places to learn a language online, but it is best to be meticulous with one's choices. Unfortunately, not every digital platform that offers language courses can be credible and offers quality education. Therefore, trust only those with proven excellence and has a variety of courses.
Here are digital platforms that offer some of the best programs in learning a language:
1. Skill Success. Skill Success is an e-learning platform offering more than 3,000 courses on various topics, including languages. By paying $15 monthly, you can access the All Access Pass promo and have unlimited access to the courses, your favorite courses. Take advantage of the unlimited pass to practice repeatedly until you sound like a native speaker.
2. Duolingo. Duolingo is perfect for casual learners seeking to improve their knowledge and skills in specific languages. This platform can be highly user-friendly, and beginners in any language can continue learning with their respective pursuits. For a premium version, users may upgrade to Duolingo Plus and unlock added features that make learning much more manageable.
3. Rosetta Stone. Rosetta Stone is an online learning platform targeting students intending to study foreign languages for a long time. Prices start at $11.99 per month. In addition to online classes, Rosetta Stone has other interactive features such as games and other mobile apps to keep up with modern trends of learning a new language.
4. Rocket Languages. Rocket Languages is one of the most expensive digital platforms, with a monthly rate of $149.95. It opens a place where people go through for relaxation, even beginners. Find out the activities relating to noncitizens and non-members of the legal profession.
5. FluentU. FluentU users spend $19.99 a month to learn varied languages through engaging videos. This website uses clips from movies, series, and music videos as spiels for language learners to study. This usage of famous video clips is unique to FluentU and provides a one-of-a-kind experience for lawyers.
6. Mango Languages. Mango Languages is perfect for those wanting to practice their vocabulary and pronunciation without stirring too much attention from others. For only $6.67 per month, users can already access features similar to others offered by famous competitors. Besides literary information, relevant pages also contain cultural information to provide depth in every lesson.
7. Mondly. Mondly can provide free learning to users using essential voluntary learning tools. In addition, users can take advantage of the toggle features on some pages because they are helpful for practice. Upgrading one's access to premium will also elevate one's experience, and other features will be unlocked.