About This Courseintermediate
For years I’ve been teaching Ableton Live in the college classroom. As a University Professor, my classes are sought after, and, frankly, expensive. I believe Ableton Live can be learned by anyone, and cost shouldn’t be a barrier. This class uses the same outline and syllabus I’ve used in my college classes for years, at a fraction of the cost.
This is Part 5: MIDI & Audio Effects
This is a really deep class – tons of content, tricks, and tips. I’ll go through all of the Ableton Live Instruments in this class, with considerable detail on each one. We will also talk about synthesis tricks and tips, getting most out of your samplers, and tons of production tips.
- MIDI Effects
- Chord MIDI Effect
- MIDI Effect Racks
- Note Length MIDI Effect
- Pitch MIDI Effect
- Random MIDI Effect
- Scale MIDI Effect
- Velocity MIDI Effect
- Audio Effects
- The three types of Audio Effects
- ALL Ableton Audio Effects (and how to use them!)
- Simple Delay
- Ping Pong Delay
- Filter Delay
- Grain Delay
- Beat Repeat
- EQ Three
- EQ Eight
- Auto Filter
- Dynamic Tube
- Frequency Shifter
I will be making 6 (six!) complete classes in order to bring you the most comprehensive manual on Ableton Live production techniques ever created. Each class has Sets, sessions, and experiments for you to try on your own and follow along with.
J. Anthony Allen is an Ableton Certified Trainer and a Ph.D. in Music Composition and master of Electronic Sounds. His music has been heard internationally in film, radio, video games, and industrial sound, as well as the concert hall and theater.
He is currently an adjunct professor of composition at the University of St. Thomas, Macphail Academy of Music, and the CEO of Slam Academy in Minneapolis.
Praise for other classes by J. Anthony Allen:
“I’ve had Live Lite for a while but never quite understood how to use it because of the different options in how to arrange audio. This course explains exactly how to do that and get the most out of Live.”
“Great overview – I would start here for sure if you are just getting your feet wet with live. clear and to the point. session walkthroughs are great. looking forward to more”
“I have never had any formal training in music at all. Trying to learn all the notes and how everything translated was a serious challenge. After going thru this class, Dr. J has totally brought down the barriers. The content was very useful and was easy to grasp for me.”
What are the requirements?
- Taking Ultimate Ableton Live: Part 1 – The Interface & The Basics is a great place to start, but not required to get the most out of this course.
- Taking Ultimate Ableton Live: Part 2 – Recording & Warping is also great, but not required to get the most out of this course.
- Taking Ultimate Ableton Live: Part 3 – Producing & Editing is also great, but not required to get the most out of this course.
- Taking Ultimate Ableton Live: Part 4 – Synths & Samplers is also great, but not required to get the most out of this course.
- Access to Ableton Live will be required. Using the trial version (free for 30 days) would be a great way to start.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Produce music using Ableton Live
- Master using all of the Ableton Live Effects
- DJ and perform music using Ableton Live
- Work with Ableton’s powerful Racks interface
Who is the target audience?
- Students who want a comprehensive understanding of Ableton Live
- Anyone interested in producing tracks, beats, synths, or any other music on their own
- Students looking to understand the deeper levels of Ableton Live
- Anyone interested in DJing and performing
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have the knowledge about the Ableton Live software’s MIDI and audio effects.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about Ableton Live’s MIDI and audio effects.
Section 1 - Welcome And Overview
Section 2 - MIDI Effects
MIDI Effects Overview
The Difference Between MIDI And Audio Effects
MIDI Effect Rack
Section 3 - Audio Effects
The 3 Types Of Audio Effects
Section 4 - Time-based Audio Effects
Overview Of Time-based Effects
Ping Pong Delay
Section 5 - Frequency-Based Audio Effects
Frequency-Based Effects Overview
Section 6 - Dynamic-Based Audio Effects
What Are Dynamic Effects
Section 7 - The Other Audio Effects
External Audio Effect
Section 8 - Wrap Up
Bonus: All Ableton Effects In 1 Handout