About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Students who want a comprehensive understanding of Ableton Live
- Anyone working in a home studio that incorporates Ableton Live, and wants to improve their recording knowledge.
- Anyone interested in production, who wants to program beats, synths, and basslines using MIDI.
What you’ll learn:
- Learn how to record audio using the best techniques for the home studio
- Know how to record MIDI using a keyboard input, controller, or manually inputting notes.
- Understand and setup tracks for Warping using Live’s powerful Warping engine
- Taking Ultimate Ableton Live: Part 1 – The Interface & The Basics is a great place to start, but not required to get the most out of this course.
- Access to Ableton Live will be required. Using the trial version (free for 30 days) would be a great way to start.
A new version of this course, Ultimate Ableton Live 10, is also available on SkillSuccess.
For years I’ve been teaching Ableton Live in the college classroom. As a University Professor, my classes are sought after, and, frankly, expensive. I believe Ableton Live can be learned by anyone, and cost shouldn’t be a barrier. This class uses the same outline and syllabus I’ve used in my college classes for years, at a fraction of the cost.
This is Part 2: Recording and Warping
In this class we cover everything when it comes to recording in Ableton Live – including Recording techniques in general.
– Recording Hardware Needs
– Recording Hardware Setup
– Microphone Types and Options
– Microphone Purchasing Tips
– Microphone Placement
– Audio Interface Needs
– Audio Interface Purchasing Tips
– Single and Multitrack Recording
– MIDI Hardware Needs
– MIDI Hardware Purchasing Tips
– MIDI Setup
– MIDI Recording
– …and much more!
I will be making 6 (six!) complete classes in order to bring you the most comprehensive manual on Ableton Live production techniques ever created. Each class has Sets, sessions, and experiments for you to try on your own and follow along with.
J. Anthony Allen is an Ableton Certified Trainer, and a PhD in Music Composition and master of Electronic Sounds. His music has been heard internationally in film, radio, video games, and industrial sound, as well as the concert hall and theater.
He is currently an adjunct professor of composition at the University of St. Thomas, Macphail Academy of Music, and the CEO of Slam Academy in Minneapolis.
Praise for other classes by J. Anthony Allen:
“Dr Allen does it again with his music theory for electronic musicians series. This course really opened up everything I learned from the 1st section and now I understand more about the composition side of things for music. I highly highly recommend this course to anyone!!! Really opened my eyes to many things I wasn’t aware of.”
“The Best Teacher ever, who makes you understand the ins & outs of Music Theory by all mean without giving what you don’t want to know.”
“I have never had any formal training in music at all. Trying to learn all the notes and how everything translated was a serious challenge. After going thru this class, Dr. J has totally brought down the barriers. The content was very useful and was easy to grasp for me.”
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to record and warp audio with Ableton Live.
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about recording and warping audio with Ableton Live.
|Section 1 - Welcome And Overview|
|How We Will Be Covering These Topics||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Audio Recording Fundamentals|
|Audio Recording Fundamentals||00:00:00|
|Tracking In Arrangement View||00:00:00|
|Multi-Tracking In Arrangement View||00:00:00|
|Tracking And Multi-Tracking In Session View||00:00:00|
|Overdubbing And “Punching In/Out”||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - MIDI Recording In Ableton Live|
|MIDI Recording Fundamentals||00:00:00|
|Hardware Needs For MIDI||00:00:00|
|How MIDI Works||00:00:00|
|Recording MIDI In Arrangement View||00:00:00|
|Recording MIDI In Session View||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Warping|
|Introduction To Warping||00:00:00|
|What Is Warping?||00:00:00|
|Anchors And Commands||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Wrap Up!|
|A Brief Wrap-Up||00:00:00|