About This CourseBeginner
For years I’ve been teaching Ableton Live in the college classroom. As a University Professor, my classes are sought after, and, frankly, expensive. I believe Ableton Live can be learned by anyone, and cost shouldn’t be a barrier. This class uses the same outline and syllabus I’ve used in my college classes for years, at a fraction of the cost.
This is Part 4: Synths & Samplers
This is a really deep class – tons of content, tricks, and tips. I’ll go through all of the Ableton Live Instruments in this class, with considerable detail on each one. We will also talk about synthesis tricks and tips, getting most out of your samplers, and tons of production tips. Topics include:
- Synthesis Basics
- Types of Synthesis
- Physical Modeling Synthesis
- Elements of Synthesis
- Live’s Analog Instrument
- Live’s Collision Instrument
- Live’s Electric Instrument
- Live’s Impulse Instrument
- Live’s Tension Instrument
- Live’s Operator Instrument
- Live’s Simpler Instrument
- Live’s Sampler Instrument
- Multisamples and Zones
- Sampler Orchestras
- Instrument Racks
- Chain Selector
- Macros in Racks
- Drum Racks
- Choke Settings
- The External Instrument
- …and much more!
I will be making 6 (six!) complete classes in order to bring you the most comprehensive manual on Ableton Live production techniques ever created. Each class has Sets, sessions, and experiments for you to try on your own and follow along with.
You will not have another opportunity to learn Ableton Live in a more comprehensive way than this.
J. Anthony Allen is an Ableton Certified Trainer and a Ph.D. in Music Composition and Master of Electronic Sounds. His music has been heard internationally in film, radio, video games, and industrial sound, as well as the concert hall and theater.
He is currently an adjunct professor of composition at the University of St. Thomas, Macphail Academy of Music, and the CEO of Slam Academy in Minneapolis.
Praise for other classes by J. Anthony Allen:
“I’ve had Live Lite for a while but never quite understood how to use it because of the different options in how to arrange audio. This course explains exactly how to do that and get the most out of Live.”
“Great overview – I would start here for sure if you are just getting your feet wet with live. clear and to the point. session walkthroughs are great. looking forward to more”
“I have never had any formal training in music at all. Trying to learn all the notes and how everything translated was a serious challenge. After going through this class, Dr. J has totally brought down the barriers. The content was very useful and was easy to grasp for me.”
What are the requirements?
- Taking Ultimate Ableton Live: Part 1 – The Interface & The Basics is a great place to start, but not required to get the most out of this course.
- Taking Ultimate Ableton Live: Part 2 – Recording & Warping is also great, but not required to get the most out of this course.
- Taking Ultimate Ableton Live: Part 3 – Producing & Editing is also great, but not required to get the most out of this course.
- Access to Ableton Live will be required. Using the trial version (free for 30 days) would be a great way to start.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Produce music using Ableton Live
- Use drum samples to edit, arrange, and create unique drum beats on your own.
- Work with Ableton’s powerful Racks interface
- Create sounds from scratching using all of the Ableton Live Instruments
Who is the target audience?
- Students who want a comprehensive understanding of Ableton Live
- Anyone interested in producing tracks, beats, synths, or any other music on their own
- Students looking to understand the deeper levels of Ableton Live
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned about Synths and Samplers using Ableton Live.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about Ableton Live!
The Live Instruments
A Quick MIDI Refresher
Important Key Commands
Live’s Analog Synth
The Basic Outline Of Analog
LFO And Other Parameters
DOWNLOAD: The Analog Patch I Built In This Section
All The Ableton Live Instruments
Live’s Collision Instrument
DOWNLOAD: Collision Patch From The Previous Lesson
Live’s Electric Instrument
Electric Basic Outline
Electric Preset Study
Live’s Impulse Instrument
Building Grooves With Impulse
Live’s Tension Instrument
Tension Preset Study
Live’s Operator Instrument
Programming Live’s Operator
The Simpler And The Sampler
Multisamples And Zones
An Orchestra Library Example
Live 9.5 Simpler – Classic Mode
Live 9.5 Simpler – 1-shot Mode
Live 9.5 Simpler – Slice Mode
Chains And The Chain Selector
Some Rack Presets
Drum Racks (A Little Review)
The Choke Setting
Sends And Returns In Drum Racks
The External Instrument