Learn how to create pleasant surprises through unexpected words and use sound and rhythm for memorable effects with this Advanced Copywriting course.Read more.
About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring copywriters ready to go beyond the basics
- Business owners or marketers who supervise copywriters
- Consumers who want to understand techniques in the marketing they consume
What you’ll learn:
- Creating pleasant surprises through unexpected words or phrasing
- Adding rich detail, deep comparisons or contrasts, and references that reverberate with implication
- Using sound and rhythm for memorable effects
- Bringing in stories and imaginative suppositions
- Refining wording for ultimum impact
- Adjusting tone to fit the intended audience
- Along with examples, examples and more examples of it all
- No prior knowledge is required to take this course
Once you’ve mastered the basics of copywriting, such as creating a tempting offer, bolstering credibility and always ending with a call to action, learn to cast a spell with words. Through unexpected metaphors, sensory detail, strategic teasing and 22 other often overlooked techniques, ignite readers’ curiosity, earn their trust and get them thinking, “Yes! That’s for me.” (Can you name three creative wording techniques used in this paragraph?)
The Advanced Copywriting online course teaches you how to captivate with language so you confidently create distinctive, memorable promotions. Whether in headlines, on a home page, in tweets, in client newsletters or throughout long sales pages, your words can sparkle with originality, charm readers and tickle their desires.
Just as importantly, the course describes where creative energy goes off the rails, so you can avoid misdirecting, confusing or overwhelming your readers. You learn both principles and pitfalls with no less than 239 examples from real-life marketing ads and promotions. Through comments on these snippets from high-tech, small-business and consumer brands, you come to understand what to do and what not to do. You experience the never-ending delight of inspiring action with words.
How This Course Shines
Marcia Yudkin, using her decades of experience as a copywriter, author and marketing coach, serves as your guide to jazzed-up language. The Advanced Copywriting course differs from blogs, books and other courses on the topic in four ways:
- Explanations in plain English. Although many of the techniques were first described in ancient Greece, you won’t be asked to struggle with terms like “anaphora,” “catachresis” or “isocolon.”
- Thorough coverage. You don’t learn just three or four methods to add pizzazz to marketing writing. As many as 25 techniques come into the spotlight, each clearly explained. In addition, at the end of the course you will test your new understanding by rating 20 examples on your own and comparing your ratings with the commentary.
- Examples from marketing copy, not literature. It took two years to collect both exceptional and appalling examples for the course from marketers all over the Internet. In contrast, other teachers rely on quotes from authors like Thomas Mann and Toni Morrison, who don’t really model how to promote payment apps, consulting services or sunscreen. One expert said airily that it wasn’t worth her time to find marketing-related instances of the rhetorical tactics she liked to write about. But Marcia did that hunting (and enjoyed it).
- Hundreds of examples. You wouldn’t get the hang of applying the principles with just a few examples. Instead, you get well over 200 snippets vividly illustrating the do’s and don’ts.
You won’t find such a deep discussion of copywriting wordcraft anywhere else. Nowhere!
After signing up, you go through the course at your own speed, and you’ll have it available as a reference on into the future afterwards.
Why not get started right now?
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to captivate with language so you confidently create distinctive, memorable promotions.
10 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about Advanced Copywriting.
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|Section 2 - Creative Techniques: Surprise|
|Unexpected, Vivid Words||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Creative Techniques: Richness|
|Adding Sensory Language||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Creative Techniques: Structure And Sound|
|Section 5 - Creative Techniques: Content Strategies|
|Anecdotes And Stories||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Dangers To Avoid|
|Section 7 - Refining Your Creations|
|Word Order And Sentence Variety||00:00:00|
|Verbs And Pronouns||00:00:00|
|Vague Points And Hedges||00:00:00|
|Section 8 - Let's Review|
|Test #1 PDF||00:00:00|
|Test #2 PDF||00:00:00|
|Section 9 - Conclusion|
|Over And Out||00:00:00|