About This Course
Improve the quality of your voice overs to get more clients, make more sales or grow your audience.
High quality = instant trust from the viewer/listener/client.
In this course, you will learn advanced techniques and strategies that will put you ahead of the competition.
These are the exact same systems and techniques that professional engineers use to produce broadcast and film quality voice overs.
Not only that, but using the techniques that you will develop in this course you can produce great voice overs every time (without fail) and in half the time.
Imagine that feeling when your voice not only sounds great, but it also takes you no time at all!
If you have recorded voice before and have a basic grasp of microphones, computer recording and editing, EQ and compression then this course is for you. It’s also the perfect follow up course for students who have completed Record Voice Like A Pro: The Complete Guide.
This course is NOT for absolute beginners. It’s not for people who have never recorded voice before. Not for people who don’t have an awareness of the different types of microphone. Not for people who don’t understand what EQ, editing and compression are.
This course is also not for people who want someone else to do the work for them. This course is not for lazy people!
It will require some active listening and practice on your part.
But with me guiding you along the way it will be easy. You can become a voice recording expert in a fraction of the time that it usually takes.
Ask yourself – how much is your time worth?
The voice mixing process alone would take you over 200 hours to develop and figure out yourself.
Don’t get me wrong, you could figure all of this out yourself the hard way. Most people do.
Or you could take this shortcut and start putting out great voice overs sooner by avoiding all of the mistakes I’ve made.
You clicked on to this course (and you’ve read this far) so you’re obviously the kind of person that this course is made for: people that care about high quality and are going out of their way to pursue it.
This course is a no-brainer if you want to:
- Record voice overs that sound 10x better than the rest
- Avoid that frustrated feeling you get every time something goes wrong or your voice over doesn’t sound good (and you just can’t figure out why)
- Get an edge of the competition by producing professional, high quality voice overs
- Cut the entire recording/processing process in half by using my proven techniques and systems for increased efficiency
- Get an amazing sound at the source that you can sculpt to perfection with editing and mixing (rather than spending all your time just trying to fix it)
- Make money as a voice over talent for films, audio books, presentations, informational videos and more (it’s quite achievable to earn $70+ per hour on UpWork or a similar outsourcing website – take a look for yourself, just search ‘voice over’)
- Turn your normal recording location into a professional voice over studio.
- Learn how to use high end equipment and hardware to get the best sound possible
- Discover the secrets to professional quality voice overs, such as gain staging, parallel processing, advanced compression, subtractive EQ, limiting and more.
- Take yourself to the next level in voice over quality in the shortest time possible
- Build upon your current knowledge about voice recording and get out the rut that you’re stuck in (you’re limited by your own knowledge and lack of awareness of professional mixing techniques)
All of this and more is covered over the four main sections of the course: Equipment, Recording, Editing and Mixing.
Remember, not only will you get access to a great course that will teach what you absolutely need to know about recording voice, but it will also give you the momentum you desperately need to improve your voice overs, get more clients, make more sales or get more views.
Take this course today and learn advanced voice over strategies.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned advanced voice over strategies.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn advanced voice over strategies!
About the Instructor:
- Professional audio author & journalist
- 1st Class Degree in Audio Production from The University of Kent
- Worked in a large range of studios in London over the years, both as a professional engineer and musician
- Recording at home for over 11 years. Built my own professional studio.
I’ve worked in a range of recording studios, live venues and film sets as both a musician and sound technician. I have also worked in numerous large venues as an audio-visual engineer and lighting designer.
I’ve worked with (and been taught by) boom operators and sound recordists that have worked on large budget feature films (such as Pirates of the Caribbean, Clash of the Titans, Layer Cake, Shaun of the Dead, World War Z) and popular TV shows (such as Ricky Gervais’ Extras and Gavin & Stacey). They, in turn, learned from some of the top Hollywood sound guys and legends!
I now spend most of my teaching and freelancing from my home studio in London, England.
I currently hold a First Class BSc Degree in Audio Design and Production from the University of Kent and I’m an Avid Certified Pro Tools 11 User.
|Section 1 - Course Introduction|
|What You’ll Need||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Equipment|
|Introduction To Equipment||00:00:00|
|Harness The Power Of High End Microphones||00:00:00|
|Further Improvements With Pre-Amps And Other Hardware||00:00:00|
|You Can’t Get It Right Without The Right Listening Tools||00:00:00|
|Activity: Find The Weakest Link In Your Recording Chain||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Acoustic Treatment|
|Effortlessly Awesome Voice Recordings (Every Time) With Permanent Treatment||00:00:00|
|How To Build Your Own Acoustic Panels (And Save Hundreds Of Dollars)||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Pro Recording & Noise Reduction|
|Introduction To Recording||00:00:00|
|Use Sound Isolation To Reduce Background Noise||00:00:00|
|How To Sound Proof Your Room Cost Effectively||00:00:00|
|Prevent Signal Noise From Ruining Your Recordings||00:00:00|
|Last Resorts For Fixing Background Noise||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Other Recording Techniques|
|Using The Proximity Effect With The Right Mics||00:00:00|
|The Best Settings For Sample Rate, Bit Depth And Buffer Size||00:00:00|
|The Secret To Great Voice Recording: The Gain Sweet Spot||00:00:00|
|Moving On From Audacity… Professional DAW’s||00:00:00|
|Activity: Download A Professional DAW||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Advanced Editing|
|Introduction To Editing||00:00:00|
|When To Edit Vs. When To Use A Noise Gate||00:00:00|
|Editing With Efficiency: Learning Your DAW And Workflow||00:00:00|
|The Most Important Rules Of Editing||00:00:00|
|Section 7 - Clip Gain Automation & Editing Tools|
|Achieving Consistency With Clip Gain Automation||00:00:00|
|The Pro Tools Smart Tool||00:00:00|
|Applying These Techniques In Reaper||00:00:00|
|Resources For Other DAW’s||00:00:00|
|Activity: Learn The Tools In Your DAW||00:00:00|
|Section 8 - Mixing|
|Introduction To Mixing||00:00:00|
|The Vital Process Of Gain Staging||00:00:00|
|Don’t Mix Blind: Use A Reference Track||00:00:00|
|Section 9 - Compression|
|Everything You Need To Know About Compression||00:00:00|
|The Two Key Compression Techniques||00:00:00|
|Compression: Advanced Techniques||00:00:00|
|Parallel Compression: Consistent Yet Subtle||00:00:00|
|Section 10 - EQ, Noise Gating And Adding Excitement|
|Learn EQ Technique 1: Subtractive EQ||00:00:00|
|Learn EQ Technique 2: EQ For Colour And Character||00:00:00|
|Noise Gating: Powerful But Dangerous||00:00:00|
|Enhance Your Voice Over With Saturation, Exciters And Parallel Processing||00:00:00|
|Section 11 - Other Mixing Tools & Techniques|
|The Perfect Plugin Order||00:00:00|
|Add Impact And Interest Using Creative Automation||00:00:00|
|Mono Or Stereo?||00:00:00|
|Make Your Voice Over LOUD With A Limiter||00:00:00|
|Section 12 - Final Steps & Using Templates|
|Dithering And Exporting Your Voice Over||00:00:00|
|Save LOADS OF Time With Presets And Templates||00:00:00|
|Activity: Practice Using Different Plugins And Mixing||00:00:00|
|Section 13 - The Perfect Voice Over|
|How To Record The Perfect Voice Over||00:00:00|