About This Course
Who this course is for:
- Anyone looking to have a dedicated space for music production
- Anyone who makes music and is interested in the latest gear and software
- Those who have a space to make music in their house or apartment, but want to improve the way it sounds and works
What you’ll learn:
- Setting up a home studio for music production, recording, editing, and music composition
- Designing a room with acoustics in mind that sounds great in any situation
- Making a productive environment for music production and all of your music needs
- Be ready to make some music in your new home studio
- I’ll walk through different options for software and hardware to purchase, but nothing is required to get started
Welcome to Studio Techniques: Building A Home Studio!
This class is for anyone who makes music and is looking for that perfect space in their home or apartment to do it in.
- We’re going to aim for keeping things inexpensive. I won’t be recommending the latest expensive equipment, but only what you really need.
- Acoustics matter! I’ll be walking you through how to find (or build!) sound panels and where to put them to make your room sound great.
- We will talk about hardware, software, furniture, room design, and more! Everything to make your environment comfortable and sounding great.
- At the end of this class, we will have turned your spare room into a great sound space for recording, mixing, producing, or any other music activities you need.
The goal of this class is to make a beautiful sounding room for you to work – making music, or whatever you do.
If you are ready to start making professional sounding tracks, this is the class that will start you on that journey. Get started today.
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned how to build your own home studio.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about building a home studio.
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|What We Are Covering Here||00:00:00|
|Tools You Will Need||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - Types Of Studios|
|Big Recording Studios||00:00:00|
|Small Recording Studios||00:00:00|
|A Little Tour Of My Home Studio||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Computer - The Brains Of The Studio|
|Mac Or PC?||00:00:00|
|Mac: Minimum System Requirements||00:00:00|
|PC: Minimum System Requirements||00:00:00|
|Laptop Or Desktop?||00:00:00|
|Tablet Computers In The Studio||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Software: The Tool Belt Of The Studio|
|Picking Your DAW||00:00:00|
|Thoughts On DAWs||00:00:00|
|Plugins To Consider||00:00:00|
|Other Free Tools||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Hardware: The Tools Of The Studio|
|Controllers (MIDI Devices)||00:00:00|
|Pro Tools And Audio Interfaces||00:00:00|
|Keyboards And Analog Gear||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Room Configuration And Acoustics|
|Why Do We Care About Acoustics?||00:00:00|
|Acoustic Treatment For Our Studio||00:00:00|
|Sound Proofing Our Studio||00:00:00|
|Moveable Sound Panels||00:00:00|
|Other Odds and Ends||00:00:00|
|Section 7 - Routing And Setup: Audio Configuration|
|Installing Your Audio System||00:00:00|
|Audio Routing Options Using A Mixer||00:00:00|
|USB Hubs And Cable Length||00:00:00|
|Important! Power Cables||00:00:00|
|Section 8 - Microphones And Recording|
|Section 9 - Other Hardware|
|Furman Power Conditioners||00:00:00|
|Clamping Mic Stands||00:00:00|
|Velcro Cable Wraps||00:00:00|
|Section 10 - Wrap Up|