About This Course
Latest update – June 2020
Collaboration frequently occurs in the workplace where people come together to cooperate and work on a strategic project in order that they can accomplish a common goal. It is simply teamwork taken to a higher level and has become a more productive way of doing things.
Most often collaboration happens within fairly small teams – functional teams, time-limited project teams or cross-functional management teams.
In effective collaboration, all people involved use their emotional intelligence well to balance emotional needs with their thinking, build authentic relationships and make good quality decisions on behalf of the organisation. Whether working with others one-to-one, in small groups or large teams, there is exemplary communication with empathy that engages hearts and minds. This occurs at all levels of the organisation.
This course is about collaborating with others in ways that will help you to communicate more efficiently as you work to understand and work with differences that lead to effective collaboration. In addition, the skills, processes and tools taught in this course can bring value to other aspects of your life.
The course covers all aspects of collaborative working focusing on win-win collaboration where everyone benefits. The characteristics, principles and modes of collaboration are examined to give you a much broader insight into getting the best from collaboration.
The course, also covers trust and how you can build trust as you work together with others.
Behavioral styles are reviewed looking at the strengths and liabilities of each. You get the opportunity to complete a questionnaire that will give you an insight to the behavioral style that you prefer to use with the chance to explore how your style can help and how it can hinder collaboration.
This course is a standalone course for anyone interested in understanding collaboration at work and how to get more from collaborative relationships. It compliments other courses that explore emotional intelligence in more depth.
You’ll receive all the information that you need and will be coached using loads of practical hints that you can use straight away.
The course is made up of a series of lectures and contains comprehensive course notes. There are a series of interactive exercises that involve some activity with other people and some reflection.
There are practical activities included within the course that are designed to help you understand collaboration and how you can improve the way in which you work with other people towards shared goals All of them require you to engage with your collaborative team and do some work outside of the course.
What will I learn?
- Understand why a collaborative approach is beneficial in teamwork
- Recognize why collaboration is underpinned with good emotional intelligence
- Work with the principles and characteristics of collaboration – what works best, when and where
- Have an insight into the various modes that can be used in collaboration
- Understand your own collaborative style and how this helps or hinders you in collaborative working.
- Develop strategies and ideas about how to collaborate more effectively
- Work with multi-disciplinary teams at all levels within an organisation
- Use emotional intelligence to collaborate with others and build emotional bonds
What are the requirements?
- You should have an interest and understanding of emotional intelligence but no prior knowledge and experience is needed to benefit from the course
- A keenness to identify and understand how to work collaboratively with others towards shared goals.
- An interest in how interactions with other people work and how to build them more effectively
Who is the target audience?
- This course will support the development of your emotional intelligence. It will be of interest to you if you are looking to develop collaborative relationships, work towards win-win solutions and ways to interact with others effectively.
- This course will help you if you are regularly involved in collaborative teamwork
- This course will be of interest to you if you are interested in developing your collaborative skills
Our Promise to You
By the end of this course, you will have learned about team collaboration and emotional intelligence.
30 Day Money Back Guarantee. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, simply contact us and we’ll give you a full refund. No questions asked.
Get started today and learn more about collaboration and emotional intelligence.
|Section 1 - Introduction|
|Introduction To The Course||00:00:00|
|Practical Activity: Managing Collaboration||00:00:00|
|Perspectives On Teamworking||00:00:00|
|Giving And Receiving Feedback In Collaboration||00:00:00|
|Tips To Develop Emotional Intelligence||00:00:00|
|Practical Activity: Assess Your Collaborative Competencies||00:00:00|
|Section 2 - The Role Of Emotional Intelligence In Collaboration|
|A Straightforward Definition Of Emotional Intelligence||00:00:00|
|Frequently Asked Questions||00:00:00|
|The Difference Between EI And EQ||00:00:00|
|An Insight Into Emotions||00:00:00|
|Emotional Intelligence At Work||00:00:00|
|Working With The Emotional Climate||00:00:00|
|Running Virtual Meetings With Emotional Intelligence||00:00:00|
|Section 3 - Collaborative Working|
|Emotional Intelligence And Win-Win Collaboration||00:00:00|
|Why And When To Collaborate||00:00:00|
|The Principles And Characteristics Of Collaboration||00:00:00|
|Levels Of Collaboration||00:00:00|
|The Modes Of Collaboration||00:00:00|
|Practical Activity: Collaboration At Work||00:00:00|
|Section 4 - Trust|
|Factors And Questions Around Trust And Collaboration||00:00:00|
|More About Trust||00:00:00|
|Practical Activity: Checking Your Emotional Bank Account||00:00:00|
|Section 5 - Behaviors and Collaboration|
|Introduction To Behavioral Styles||00:00:00|
|Practical Activity: Assessing Your Behavioural Styles||00:00:00|
|The High Dominance Behavioural Style||00:00:00|
|The High Influence Behavioural Style||00:00:00|
|The High Steadiness Behavioural Style||00:00:00|
|The High Compliance Behavioural Style||00:00:00|
|Emotional Intelligence, Collaboration and Behavioural Styles||00:00:00|
|Ideal Behaviours For Ideal Interactions||00:00:00|
|Behavioral Styles Do’s And Don’ts||00:00:00|
|Practical Activity: Behavioral Styles And Collaboration||00:00:00|
|Building Collaborative Relationships||00:00:00|
|Section 6 - Review Of The Course|
|Facilitating Collaborative Meetings||00:00:00|
|Practical Activity: Learning Review||00:00:00|
|Collaboration And Emotional Intelligence – Learning Outcomes||00:00:00|